MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

the great debate

the great debate  - Forums [Biker Match] the great debate  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

the great debate

hi again ,my fireblade insurance is up soon what is the cheepest motorcycle insurance around at the moment.....................cheers

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 10/06/2011 01:29  

are even cheapest

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 10/06/2011 01:36  

That's like asking how long is a piece of string lol. Insurance cover differs from one vehicle/person to another depending on the criteria that is requested by the insurance companies and the insured. Only way you will know which company offers you the best quote is to ask them, there is no short cut. As you are probably already well aware each insurance company quote low for the first time you insure with them then hike it up for the following years, so, altho I can't recommend any specific company, I would say you'd probably need to change companies each year to keep your premiums low. *I found ebike insurance pretty cheap cos they don't have a broker, it's direct from them but they only deal on the net. * that info is from about 5 years ago, when I last rode my own bike.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/06/2011 02:10  

John, I found MCE the cheapest when I got the ZX6R 4or more years ago and since, had tried Bennetts but MCE gave me same cover from same insurer plus breakdown recovery for £80 less. Other advantages are they sponsor BSB and there are some benfits like early pit pass, track pillions with the riders etc. Give them a try.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2011 07:55  

Use compare the Meercat, or something similar.
That brought up MCE for me too.

Update Reply
TBird_Steve @ 10/06/2011 13:50  

Try Carol Nash......they float my boat.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2011 13:52  

Bike sure did it again for me this year , cheapest by far

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/06/2011 13:58  

Found MCE to be cheapest - even for exotics - though never accept their renewal quote - ringing up and asking them to look again (advising have been quoted cheaper) usually reults in a lower premium

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 10/06/2011 14:04  

Carol Nash..... spit spit spit... complete waste of time IMHO...

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 10/06/2011 17:04  

It's starting to get like cars, moving insurance every year to keep the price down.

Update Reply
TBird_Steve @ 10/06/2011 22:09  

I do believe the official length of a piece of string is 5 feet 10.5 inches. but then again I could be talking a load of horlicks like most insurance companies. see how i got it back on topic there. get a renewal quote for your current insurers and then get a on line new quite. ring em back and get them to match it.

Update Reply
Phil @ 10/06/2011 22:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email