MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

2 week England tour 11th June

2 week England tour 11th June - Forums [Biker Match] 2 week England tour 11th June - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

2 week England tour 11th June

I've got two weeks off work and was planning a trip. Mainly following my nose but thought a plan might be a good idea.
I've got a few places to go but the rest is open.
Going to be looking for B&Bs somewhere in the areas around stopping points. So any local knowledge of biker friendly pit stops will be gratefully received.

If anybody fancies joining in for any of the legs company would be most welcome.

Or if there are any good bike roads or places to visit I will be happy to change my route to ride/visit them.

OK 11th June.
Mainly getting out of London
day1.jpg
Yeovil might be a good place to stop. Anywhere around that way would be good though.

12th June
day2.gif
Head through the Dartmoor national park to St Austel

13th June
day3.gif
Bit of a tour round Cornwall, never been down this way so gotta hit lands end. Then up the coast to Ilfracombe. Just cos it sounds like an interesting place.

14th June
[IMG]http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/hawklord_civ/trip%202011/day4.gif[/IMG]
Up through Brecon Beacons, Snowdonia to Porthmadog or there abouts.

15th June
[IMG]http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/hawklord_civ/trip%202011/day5.gif[/IMG]
Explore the North Wales coast on the way to Liverpool. Worked there for 3 years so I wanted to look up a few friends.

16th June
day6.gif
Up the coast through the lakes to the Solway. Got to visit my mum and dad at their caravan, so I'll stay there an extra night. Probably need the rest by then.

18th June
day8.gif
Back down through the lakes a bit and across Heartside pass. Could be fun on the extreme double back bends with the Tbird. Back home to Newcastle for a couple of days to pick some stuff up and fit the easy brackets. Saturday night out in the Toon maybe, been a while.

20th June
[IMG]http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/hawklord_civ/trip%202011/day10.gif[/IMG]
Down through the North York moors to York via Whitby.

21st June
day11.gif
Across the country through the Peak district, never been that way either. Visit a friend in Bolton.

22nd June
day12.gif
Back through the Peak District before picking up the motorway back to London. I'd like to do another stop if anyone knows any good places to stop on the way south.

I'll try and remember to get some photos this time.

1put the maps in the photo album, images don't work here it seems, unless I'm missing something.

Update Reply
TBird_Steve @ 05/06/2011 01:52  

looks an interesting ride. have a good one

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 05/06/2011 17:10  

2 weeks u coulda done Scotland also and let you have some empty scenic roads

Update Reply
madscots @ 05/06/2011 22:38  

Going to do Scotland in August with my 13 year old son for a week. Anyway being from the North East I've been around Scotland quite a bit and yes I love the roads up there. I was hoping to do some of the Scottish islands up the west coast, but not planned anything yet.

I didn't want to plan long runs as I wanted to take my time to see some of the sights on the way and try and get some photos. Never been out to Devon and Cornwall so I'm looking forward to it. To do Scotland as well wouldn't have given me much time to look around. Though I did consider it.

Update Reply
TBird_Steve @ 06/06/2011 12:27  

Posted some photos of this in my profile if any interest. But full story is on http://www.thunderbird1600.com/csp/thunderbird/ForumPos...p;InPage=1

Update Reply
TBird_Steve @ 18/06/2011 21:01  

looks like you have had an interesting ride so far ... wave to us as you come off woodhead ,,, you will go straight past our house

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/06/2011 21:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email