MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Gtr 1400

Gtr 1400 - Forums [Biker Match] Gtr 1400 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Gtr 1400

Hi, I had a test ride on a GTR 1400 from Bristol Kawasaki yesterday and now thinking of getting one. It was really stable but quick. Anyone on here had any experience with this particular bike or the engine on the ZZR 1400? Cheers Dave

Update Reply
Harleybear @ 22/05/2011 19:12  

I borrowed a friends ZZR14 for a quick blat up a German autobahn and I thought the engine was like nothing I'd ever ridden before or since.

For your info I bottled it at just over 160mph lol!

Regarding the GTR, I'm a big fan to be honest. I have a copper friend with one and he thinks it's brilliant. If/when I replace the CB and if I have the pennies, I could be tempted for use as a work/pillion/tourer machine. (Just got to save up for something a bit smaller and sportier to sit alongside the CB first lol)

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 22/05/2011 20:43  

looked at one at drayton croft on friday, look awesome !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 20:51  

My outlaws dad sold his Wing and bought one. He absolutely loved it.

Jaw dropping speed and fantastic, sharp handling for a big bike. His wife on the other hand hated it.

She said pillion comfort just isn't the same as the wing (Really? You don't say!) so he sold it and bought another 1800 tank.

Only thing he didn't like was the £4000 spanking he got from depreciation.

Update Reply
S24_SDJ @ 23/05/2011 10:02  

I'd have offered the option of new wing or new kitchen .....

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/05/2011 12:13  

thanks guys, i think my mind is made up, it reminded me of my old k1100LT but it handles better and felt like it was turbo charged! oh so comfortable though. cheers dave

Update Reply
Harleybear @ 23/05/2011 18:48  

I'm the proud owner of an 09 plate ZZR14, and if the the GTR can match the beauty and pull and wrap it in a tourer, I'd go for it HB.
I had the option when I bought it, but decided the sports over tourer option suited me better. I've not been a pilly on one, so can't comment, but as a rider....wooohooo....
Fully loaded ZZR (as seen on Poshbird's photos from last week on Scotland Tour) still handles immaculately. Power and acceleration is unmistakeable, and put it through some severe Scottish twisties with a pillion on, and you know it performs.

I'm still blown away by mine, and that's after 2 years of riding it...It still gets me.......

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 23/05/2011 18:56  

I've got a tear in my eye!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/05/2011 19:23  

Likewise I've got a ZZR1400, went to a rally last week fully loaded with a pillion (Kaycat) ask her if she thinks its comfortable. I love it, best of all the ZZR's I've had

Mate of mine has a GTR, just come back form a tour of scotland where he did 1400 miles and he loved it, I've never ridden it tho. If you do decide to go for the GTR, get rid of that stupid cannon exhaust, he's got a devil can on I think

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 23:05  

love the zzr
very comfortadle(even for my big bum ) loads of room and it looks and sound arsom and i had a lots of stuff on the bike hence full loaded
would recormend it as a pilly

Update Reply
kaycat @ 23/05/2011 23:40  

Let us know how you get on with it Harleybear.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 24/05/2011 10:50  

Cheers guys. I think the advice about the can is good. Bristol Kawasaki have a secondhand GTR with a 2 Brothers racing exhaust on. Paul the salesman said he has ridden it and it is so much crisper than the 'cannon'. Dave

Update Reply
Harleybear @ 24/05/2011 19:35  

I was looking at that bike HB.. Its a good price for the year and not to high miles on it...

I am considering changing my bike next year for the GTR 1400. I have been reading other forums where there seems to be a problem with the seals on the GTR shaft drive resulting in the shaft going rusty or even seizing up. Something to do with the o rings failing. I am not sure whether Kawasaki are fixing these free of charge due to the sale of good act (ie within the 6 yrs) or if owners are having to pay out.One quote I read was for £3000. Now that seems a ridicules amount for a job that should only cost £300 to £500 for.
Ask if this is an on-going problem as it seems to have happened a few times.. Sounds like not enough grease inserted when assembled

I have made my mind up and will get one. Just hope its not a Friday afternoon one.

Check this link.. http://www.gtr1400.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,77.msg493.html#msg493

http://www.gtr1400.co.uk/forums/

Deb

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/06/2011 04:35  

Another thing to look at is how easy are the panniers to take off even when locked.. You dont want them knicked.

Check this vid.. http://yfrog.com/9ggtr1400z

Kawasaki are aware of this problem but not sure if they have done anything about it yet

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/06/2011 07:02  

thanks deb, you have done your homework! I have just put my money down.. Had a test drive of about 6 differant bikes and have to say the Kwak is he only one that does everything I want and more! two weeks!

Update Reply
Harleybear @ 13/06/2011 19:10  

Im so jealous of you HB..
I want a GTR but can't afford one till next year.. Don't forget to post some pics when you have it
I have already bought my private plate to go on mine when I get it ..

KW51 DEB...... KaWa5ak1

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2011 19:53  

Yes I can how that would work! I have K11 DAK which was great on my K1100LT 20 years ago but not so much now. Still all my mates know it is my bike. The GTR will be the contentious colour, Magnesium grey, Brown to some, Bronze to me!! Dave BTW great shots of the coast on your prof!

Update Reply
Harleybear @ 13/06/2011 22:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email