MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Driving Licence - Photo renewal

Driving Licence - Photo renewal - Forums [Biker Match] Driving Licence - Photo renewal - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Driving Licence - Photo renewal

I've just been notified that my driving licence is due to expire - I didn't even realise there was an expiry date on it It's going to cost me £20 for the privilege of having to provide an upto date photo . . . . and if I don't, then it's a hefty fine. Oh well, good excuse for a hair cut eh lol!

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 16/05/2011 21:19  

Do you have a recent passport photo DaftUn? If so do your licence online and they'll use the same one.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 16/05/2011 21:23  

Lol mine is due next year ... Good job really as I don't look anything like how I did 10 years ago lol

Didn't realise you had to pay for it tho and I am in a lose lose situation as my passport runs out at same time :-(

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/05/2011 21:26  

its darn stupid we have to pay again aint it - i only noticed it runs aout a while ago and most peeps i have mentioned it to didnt even realise either!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 21:26  

will have to chek mine lol

Update Reply
kaycat @ 16/05/2011 21:28  

Since I haven't move house for over 30 years, I still have a paper green one which lasts until I'm 70. So I think I did the right thing in not replacing it.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 16/05/2011 21:33  

@ Weirdoraptor - thank you I've just tried the online option as only renewed my passport last year - its still asking for £20 Will have to raid the piggy bank . . .

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 16/05/2011 21:39  

cataraptor....paper ones are not legal over sea,s now and most people wont let you use them as ID..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 21:53  

yet another money making ploy....... and who decided it was now illegal.. not me .. arrhhhhh.... if only anarchy could truly work ....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 22:01  

a lot of people dont realise that they have to renew the new style licence every ten yrs...so will be sticking with my green paper one for as long as poss

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 22:01  

cant fault you shoei or cata.... best plan if you ask me!!!... mind you cant say i will be sad to see me photo replaced as its not the best ever hahahaha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 22:18  

I think I should have a direct link to the DVLA the amount of times I move house and have to change my licence, car docs, bike docs etc.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2011 01:00  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->You could always ask them to update your address to your mums place or whatever and give em a new picture to go with it. They will do this for free, then a few weeks later jut move address again back to yours.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 17/05/2011 04:18  

I've been abroad many times by bike and even hired cars using my paper licence so its legality or lack of isn't a problem. And I use a passport for ID. So I won't be changing it for a while yet.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 17/05/2011 07:17  

Dont forget to photocopy your old licence if you need to send it all back

Update Reply
mr t @ 17/05/2011 10:18  

like ur thinking WB

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/05/2011 14:16  

Thanks BJ . mr T DVLA will not accept photocopies as proof, but you can pay them £5 and they will supply all info thats on your licence.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 17/05/2011 14:25  

ive reacently moved house and ive still got the euro licence no photo . does that mean i gotto pay em £20 to renew the address or are these photo ones voluntary ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 18/05/2011 15:25  

Regarding photocopies, if you take your paper licence to a solicitor who will photocopy it for you and swear an affidavit before you send it off, DVLA have to accept it as evidence. That costs £20 or so but may well be worth it for peace of mind. It wouldn't hurt to send a note saying you've done this with your application.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 19/05/2011 07:12  

WN the change of address is free of charge but you will have to upgrade to a photo licence to have it done and as far as I'm aware they will not charge for the upgrade. This link tells you what to do http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_4022088

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 19/05/2011 07:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email