MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

More Grunt Please

More Grunt Please - Forums [Biker Match] More Grunt Please - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

More Grunt Please

I have a Road King 07 model, which has a stage one and a fuel pack. I have been told if I get a pro tuner instead of the fuel pack this will improve the performance - has anyone had this procedure done and did it work? Thanks in advance

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 09/05/2011 19:52  

Typical female - not content with what she has - always wants a little bit more...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/05/2011 20:15  

You could always buy a R1 !!

*Waits for Greasy Tony to comment *

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/05/2011 21:17  

120 cibic inch S&S motor replacement me thinks

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 09/05/2011 22:10  

Would you like to borrow GT for a little while BK? lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/05/2011 22:13  

Yes please Boss Mom lol

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 09/05/2011 23:09  

bobs just borrow mine, its all yours !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/05/2011 23:18  

try NOZ ? that will give you a bit more and some It will push your button

Update Reply
highwayman128 @ 10/05/2011 08:54  

YES please Ian, I would love to try out your bike - it's a beauty! LOL Highwayman how are you huni? Can't imagine NOZ with all the vibration - would it be safe

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 10/05/2011 17:37  

anytime bobs x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/05/2011 17:38  

Hiya Bobs, Done more than a few !! YES, BIG TIME. The peak power gain may not be too much .. .. 4 – 8 Hp but the response and rideabilty difference will be remarkable, as will the general smoothness of the engine The only ‘plug in’ fueling device that works any good is the Power Commander. The Fuelpac, comes several levels down the line from it and should be subjected to a floatation test !!!! All of the ‘plug in’ tuners are, in fact, simply a fudge box i.e. they send false signals to the fuel map or spark control map in the ecu. The Screamin’ Eagle tuner accesses and remaps the ecu itself and has far more variables to adjust. Around £600 Dynojet, the people who make the Power Commander, have recently bought out a similar system to this, capable of reflashing the ecu and also has the abilty to check & clear trouble codes, amongst other functions. Around £450 A third option, and by far the best in my opinion, is having the bike set up with a program called ‘Direct Link’. This system is superior to the other two as it accesses every signal and component of the Delphi system, therefore can fine tune more, for an even better tune. Around £900 This system takes around 4 – 5 hours to tune on the dyno !!!!! None of these three systems need space for any add on boxes, as they have re mapped the ecu itself, but they must be set up on a dyno as should a Power Commander. A control key (dongle) is required to connect the ecu with the computer .. .. DONT loose this, replacement is around £250 -£300. Or you could fit a Power Commander .. .. but you are short on space to locate it on your 07 model. Around £500 Vibration Bobs ?? you shouldn’t have too much of that on yours .. .. .. if you have Id suggest your Fuelpac was set up by an Orang-utan .. .. .. read Harley dealer lol. Shad .. good to see ya agian. Unsure how buying an R1 will improve the ability of a Fuelpac .... So Im now wondering if that remark was Sarcastic, banter, witty, or even irony ..... hehe 46rossi: S&S don’t make a 120ci engine. 113 or 124 are nearest but even then, what are you gonna use to calibrate the fuel map or spark map ?? Highwayman: MMMM NoZ .. yes please mate, but once again, .. what are you gonna use to calibrate the fuel map or spark map for the extra fuel & spark retard??

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 10/05/2011 18:23  

top answer yet again tony !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/05/2011 18:25  

One thing I forgot to mention Bobs. Although I cant possibly know everybodies dyno time charges .. .. Tut tut, it appears I DONT know everthing after all !! *beats himself with Birch twigs* OOH, that was nice The approx prices I've given would INCLUDE hardware, software and dyno set up time. i.e. total ride it away price.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 11/05/2011 22:38  

It's all a bit overwhelming all the options. All I know is what they are fitting is a pro tuner at around £400 - you don't fancy a holiday in Ayrshire (I can get birtch twigs ) and I can take you with me lol - I've taken the plunge and have book in for the 25th May eeeeeeeek. Tony as alway your knowledge is awesome huni - many thanks xx

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 12/05/2011 22:06  

Bobs, Is this the Screamin Eagle pro tuner you getting fitted? Who is fitting it? Is it being set up on a dyno? If not set up on dyno, all they are doing are downloading an 'average' map into your ecu, relating to your air cleaner and exhaust ...... Although that is infinately better than that Fuelpac, its still a 'canned' map and IMO a waste of time .. .. Sorry !! *bares his back for the birch twigs* PM also

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 12/05/2011 22:35  

Will find out prior to the operation lol and let you know Tony - thanks, off to the local garden centre to search out some birch twiglets as a prezzzi for you lol xx

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 13/05/2011 09:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email