MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

pipes for my dyna

pipes for my dyna - Forums [Biker Match] pipes for my dyna - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

pipes for my dyna

i am looking for a set of pipes for my Dyna Street Bob, anyone know of a good supplier of after market ones? straight thru would be better as its already set up stage one (the ones that i have are a bit naff, so looking for a new set! shaggy101

Update Reply
shaggy101 @ 26/04/2011 16:35  

I have a set of vance and hines short shots on my softail and Boss Mom has the long shots on her dyna superglide but there are plenty of other stuff out there but I think the vance and hines are about the most popular

Update Reply
JP @ 26/04/2011 17:13  

local supplier? Hampshire?

Update Reply
shaggy101 @ 26/04/2011 17:53  

try a pm to greasy tony think he is in camberley may be able to help you

Update Reply
JP @ 26/04/2011 18:11  

defo the bm memeber to speak to as jp says, also try mick at custom cruisers at ilkestone, he is pretty good too and stocks most vance and hines jardines etc and is really helpful too !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 18:58  

Oh dear John !!!!!! I would not fit a pair of those short shits if they were the last pair of pipes on earth mate !!!!!!!! Moms long shots are fortunatly a slightly better design. The only V&H pipe worth anything is their 2-1 system .. .. in fact the Harley Screamin Eagle pro pipe 2-1 is made by V&H, so they can do it if they want to. I am only talking about V&H Harley pipes here, they can & do produce some very good pipes for other makes but simply DO NOT produce a decent set for Harley's. I dont seem to be able to chuck a piccy up in these forums so if ya take a look in me piccys there is a dyno sheet showing a direct comparison of V&H short shits Vs a Supertrapp 2-1. The bike in question was an 04 model Softail that I bored out to 1550, fitted a set of cams and then a power Commander was fitted & set up on a dyno. the pipes on the bike at the time were a pair of unequal length straight through things that made the bike run so rough the engine light would come on due to missfires !!! I fitted the 2-1 to set up the bike, Then the owner fitted those V&H things Make your own mind up. the dip in the curve on the 2-1 is due to fact we had no end plate discs to tune the Supertrapp but as it was only a stop gap it wasnt that important at the time. Now, considering the bike is now 1550 cc and has cams AND a set up Power Commander fitted .. .. with careless consideration of fitted parts we have managed to get the power DOWN to around what this bike left the factory with when it was only 1450cc ALL DOWN to those short shits ............ This has shown up time & time again with them. Oh yeah, Shaggy ... straight thru would be better One word answer .. .. NO !! Dont do it

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 26/04/2011 19:56  

you sure you know what your on about lol !!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 20:03  

Tony we all knew that, we were just seeing if you did but I do need to spend some more money on her so will speak to you at the rally
Oh and thanks for telling Mom her bike is better than mine for that you can clean it next time lol

Update Reply
JP @ 26/04/2011 20:15  

got short shots on mine ,, no probs with them,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 22:19  

El Ninja I imagine that you dont have a problem with them at all. The failing with them is that they simply do not flow well after around the 3000 -3500 rev mark .. .. PM also sent.. Ian Yes, Im more than sure!!

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 27/04/2011 18:05  

ta tony i will be in touch with you later this week. we are sooooo busy at the moment, work wise, social life, ah down the tubes at the moment!!!! if i was to ride my bike to you, could you do a full service etc for me? then that would give us a bit of time to chat and find the right pipes for my bike!!Mr S

Update Reply
shaggy101 @ 29/04/2011 14:12  

I got short shots on my FXR, good looking pipes but there are better,vance and hines dont have a very good rep with our colonial brothers either.As Tony says wont be much problem with them but they aint performance enhancers Hows you Tony

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 01/05/2011 15:21  

Mr S No problem fella, contact details sent!! Swas Wotcha mate, I been worse for sure lol. Bike still good mate?

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 03/05/2011 22:16  

Glad to hear alls good,You livin the dream eh! Bikes fine mate,going strong,Just need to the tappet blocks to behave and I wont know what to do with myself

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 04/05/2011 13:44  

Tony, didnt get em mate! send again please

Update Reply
shaggy101 @ 04/05/2011 14:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email