MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

photo help please!!

photo help please!! - Forums [Biker Match] photo help please!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

photo help please!!

I know I'm not premier-league in techie land, so can someone pretty please tell me how I can download pics from BM to my laptop!!
Tried the "save as" function, swapping from Apsx (or whatever it is!!) to "all files" but I still only get blanks :<<

replies in simple language please

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 26/04/2011 11:05  

I have always just opened the photo (eg. on events to make it large) then used the "save as" option and put it in my pictures on my laptop. Can't see why that won't work for you. You need a geek by the sounds of things lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2011 11:20  

Alice, sounds like you're using "Save target as" from the thumbnail. You can't do that because a dynamic script (aspx file) resizes the photos automatically. Open the full size photo then right click and select save picture as... or something like that depending on your browser

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/04/2011 12:05  

OK !! Went on events,photos,clicked on a photo to enlarge it,right click, m I missing something here??!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 26/04/2011 17:50  

Ok long way round but guaranteed to work

Pick the pic you want ...

right click on the thumbnail dont open it .... this will give you some options...

click on ... OPEN IN NEW WINDOW ... this will open pic up in new window with nothing more ...

right click again .. then pick SAVE IMAGE AS ... this will allow you ro save it as whatever you want to call it wherever you want to save it

If your still stuck PM me which ones you want & I will send em you

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/04/2011 17:56  

Arrrrgh!!
right click on thumbnail,...choice includes"open link in new window"...which still leads me to save as being thumbnail aspx.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 26/04/2011 18:11  

Alice ... Will phone you it will be easier !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/04/2011 18:18  

By Jove I Thinks She's Got It !!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/04/2011 19:53  

Yay.. Thanks alice for putting this up cos i was copying the full sized image and pasting it into my photo program before saving it.

I'll do it this way from now on. will be quicker :)

Update Reply
Rhidragon @ 28/04/2011 21:57  

you could always message the pic "owner" and ask them to email you a full size version of the piccy

Update Reply
nawe @ 29/04/2011 22:41  

Thanks for all your help, guys

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 01/05/2011 01:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email