MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

nsr 125

nsr 125  - Forums [Biker Match] nsr 125  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

nsr 125

before i start please bare with me i'm not very technical with part names etc etc i recently had primary drive shaft (?) seal replaced ... On saturday i went out and i ran out of petrol ( shameful i know and yes the reserve was empty too ) BUT whilst i was awaiting help .... dark coloured oil dripped out of the overflow pipe ( i think its called that , the pipe at bottom of bike ) and was significant amount have i got a problem eg another seal gone or the bike too hot and just got rid of what it didnt need ........i'm alittle confused been told both ..... thank u x

Update Reply
nina @ 23/04/2011 07:58  

you have a pm

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2011 09:21  

Refreshing this topic, does anyone have any replies they'd like to share on here, for Nina and any other novice 'mechanics'? Thanks

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/04/2011 22:46  

Could be just oil trapped from when your engine was moved about. You'll get a small amount out of it due to hot oil fumes condensing in the tube. Keep an eye on your oil level, if it looks like it is loosing oil I'd take it back and get them to look at it. If it isn't you probably have nothing to worry about.

Depends how much a significant amount is though.

Update Reply
TBird_Steve @ 18/05/2011 20:16  

After the seal was replaced, they might have refilled the engine with a bit too much oil, which is now venting out of the crankcase breather, should stop of it's own accord, keep your eye on it though Nina, just to make sure it does

Update Reply
marsey @ 26/05/2011 10:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email