MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

naming bikes

naming bikes - Forums [Biker Match] naming bikes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

naming bikes

Is naming your bike a common thing or just restricted to the people I seem to talk to. I'm curious What do you ca ll your bike and why? I've had Smiler (Freewind). His headlight was the shape of a clown's mouth and I smiled a lot when I rode him. Candy was a candy red bandit The Jag is an XJ and current bike is Tommy Tippitoes - tell you why later

Update Reply
kevinsmum @ 12/04/2011 21:15  

I name all my cars and bikes, my land rover discovery of 1993 vintage is called Doris the disco, my bike I call Doris cos she is green like my disco. My tractor is called Doris but she is not green, I just call everything Doris, my workmates were always told my wife's name was Doris until she phoned me in the office and someone else answered and when she asked for me the person answering assumed it was my wife and said oh hello Doris how are you, the only things I don't call Doris are my 7 cats but I call them Puss. :-)

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 12/04/2011 21:22  

Never call any of my vehicles anything, unless they start causing problems. Then I call them various names like, YOU F"*+, M"!=~#, Ba"£&*! etc.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 12/04/2011 21:34  

So long as you don't mix up the tractor with the mogs

Update Reply
kevinsmum @ 12/04/2011 21:34  

PUK named herself because of her reg number lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 12/04/2011 23:22  

it must be a woman thing to name cars or bikes

Update Reply
pondlife @ 13/04/2011 04:24  

I know lots of chaps who do

Update Reply
kevinsmum @ 13/04/2011 09:06  

my cars called Audrey

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/04/2011 10:27  

I haven't named my car, but I've named my street triple the beast and the tiger Guuurrrr

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 13/04/2011 12:47  

My 125 was Stuey, cos once he was run in & lost the 'I cannot do it' mode, he liked to play with the big boys & was gonna take over the world lol

Current bike is Vinny ... cos he is Ice Blue ... only peeps of a certain age will figure that lol

Car is Kizzy cos of her number plate & last one was Al the Alto

Yup only 1 of my Vehicles was/is female ... & its strange, out of all 4 ... its the one thats cost me the most

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/04/2011 13:30  

My bikes called Maud because she's a Suzuki Marauder

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2011 14:01  

Good thread - interesting to see why & what we call our toys. I have had a Talullah - Suzuki Volusia 800 Sassey - Suzuki Intruder 1500 lemon and white; the one I have now is Beasty Boy - Harley Davidson Road King 1600 just because he is never named any of the rest as they didn't have attitude My car I call 'Johnny Cab' its a Nissan Cube looks like a cross between an anemic (pearl white) postman pats van and the taxi out of Total Recall - my mate said it was odd & quirky just like me cheeky bugger.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 13/04/2011 14:23  

my bike cauld max cose its a maxim my cars zederdy cose of numder plate hugs x

Update Reply
kaycat @ 13/04/2011 16:34  

Surely, you'd have to know the sex, of a Vehicle, before you name it.
How do you "sex" a bike or car ?. Shell seems to know what gender her vehicles are, so I'll direct that question to you Shell lol

Update Reply
clarkee @ 13/04/2011 19:53  

Attitude hon , as I said stuey wanted to run with the big boys and take over the world. vinny cos he is an ice blue and makes a sweet sound. Al my alto was cos of one of my sons, who is called Alan, when he was little he was small, compact and can go forever on a full tank, Kizzy cos of her number plate and cos she is small n sassy sweet on the outside but with a naughty kick when my right foot goes down.

Always had a vehicle a while before it's been named, and the name has always 'just come to me' never thought about it and never 'sexed' a vehicle unlike some as always being a she :-)

Well you asked lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/04/2011 20:12  

So its all down to character then?

Update Reply
clarkee @ 13/04/2011 20:14  

For me it is yes. :-)

Ians car is nicknamed Hitler due to it's sat nav ... Whenever going on a motorway it's like a sergeant mayjor barking instructions and sounds annoyed lol But any other time it's a sweet voice

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/04/2011 20:18  

Thank you for the explanation... my bike is in the garden, upside down....

Update Reply
clarkee @ 13/04/2011 20:26  

Think it's a gender thing. Men like to 'master' their women!! whereas we women like to have a chap to boss around lol My vehicles have always been male. It's me and them against the rest of the world Kevin is my kraut kampervan Interesting about your prat nav Shell cos my ex had one that was so flippin annoying and mostly wrong I named her Blondie

Update Reply
kevinsmum @ 13/04/2011 21:29  

my last bike i couldnt suss out if was a she or he seemed to depend on the day but mostly she was black bess (black bandit!) i agree with Shell its the character and it jus comes to ya!! my harley is currently called Harleyy (with two y's)!!! aint really got a clue why as it dont seme very original and i think she is gonna have another name soon which suits her better... but she is a shee with attitude lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2011 23:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email