MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Usernames

Usernames  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Usernames  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Usernames

Mine is too complicated to explain here but it stems from my nickname which is a story in itself !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2011 20:12  

Couldn't think of owt original so I just put a bit of SUZuki, a bit of YAMaha, and the last bit of KawasaKI together. Which turned out as SUZYAMKI. So my name isn't Suzy anything, its Cathy !!! Loving your logic Cathy

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 14/03/2011 20:17  

Someone else decided on mine as it's how they describe me to people

my nickname on another forum is JellyB shortened from JellyBaby(would take far too long to explain but it's an old school nickname) my friend's little girl calls me AngelinaJellyBeanaWithRedHair - but that takes far too long to type

just call me Ang

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 14/03/2011 20:21  

Hey everyone, thanks for contributing, its interesting finding out how our names came about, the less obvious ones that is - mandy xx

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 14/03/2011 20:28  

Mine got chosen for me! Apparently I mother everyone and (in BJ's words) can be a little bit bossy sometimes!

Only a bit & sometimes?

Mine is dead simple ... its my name picked for me by mom & dad lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/03/2011 20:53  

Hi Shell - a lovely name its my daughter's name too xxx

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 14/03/2011 21:25  

Weirdoraptor's my bike's name really. My mates call me weirdo and she's a Cagiva Raptor - the two just seemed to fit together.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 14/03/2011 21:31  

Just weirdo would have done me thinks :-)

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 14/03/2011 21:58  

A few years back, was trying to buy a business, and registered the domain name for the soon to be shop, (that never was), Was the plan to sell harley bling, bike memorabilia, gifts, n smoking paraphernalia, hence the name which just stuck. . but it does help that i like it.

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 14/03/2011 22:17  

"Just weirdo would have done me thinks :-) " Yes you're right mate, and on other biker forums that's the name i go by. But i'd already pressed "send" before i realised. Shhh, don't tell anyone, .... but apart from that, loads of people on here put "no weirdos" into their profiles ... no-one would've talked to me, lol. I can't quite remember why i got Weirdo in the first place, but i thought it was quite unfair of the judge to call me it tbh.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 14/03/2011 22:42  

I was first called pondlife at school many moons ago for reasons I now can't remember but it probably wasn't very complimentary! It just seems to have stuck. When I was a proper lorry driver tramping the country in general haulage,it was my cb handle as well

Update Reply
pondlife @ 15/03/2011 02:45  

When I signed up to BM, I had two cats and rode a Falco which is Italian for falcon - a raptor. Now I have one cat, a parrot and a ninja but I'm not going to make a nom de plume out of that.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 15/03/2011 07:09  

mine speaks for itself really. i dont like talking about myself im more interested in other people. my mates gave me that name

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/03/2011 09:06  

I thought mine would stop folk asking me 2 simple questions lol

Should have given it more thought, as its very hard to explain to folk why you are called BJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/03/2011 10:11  

Interesting thread, nice to find out the origins. Mine was chosen for me by friends... I ride a Honda and never without my lippy ;-)

Update Reply
Honda hotlips @ 15/03/2011 11:21  

Ha Ha - nice one Jackie, or is that my dirty mind - mandy xx

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 15/03/2011 11:40  

Out of all the internet forums that I'm a member of, I chose a totally different user name from my normal one for this site because of the way many view it as a dating site.

I felt my normal user name, innocent though it may be, could be misinterpreted!

However, there is a reason why good friends often refer to me as "The Frog"!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/03/2011 13:06  

When I started as a diesel mechanic 30 odd years ago I was known as Greasy, and the nickname has stuck. Tony .. self explanatory so Greasytony, greasy, grease, GT even Tony sometimes lol, any and all variations really !!!!

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 15/03/2011 13:17  

amongst other things brother lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/03/2011 13:18  

You been listening to scurrilous rumours aint ya Ian ??

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 15/03/2011 13:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email