MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Help!

Help! - Forums [Biker Match] Help! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Help!

Help. My bikes died on me. I went to start it to go back to work earlier. Turned the key, the nutral and fuel injection lights came on as they should, then all went off. What's happened? Ideas on a postcard please?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2011 17:39  

fuse is 1st point to look then battery in key fob for imob

Update Reply
JP @ 02/03/2011 17:41  

Trying to check fuses. Having trouble getting to them lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2011 18:45  

Could be a goosed battery, mine died very quickly with symptoms like yours, fuel injection pump takes a lot out pressuring up!

Update Reply
YID @ 02/03/2011 19:01  

Thanks YID, a friends coming round to check it soon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2011 19:10  

what bike is it?

Update Reply
mungybear @ 02/03/2011 20:21  

Suzuki Marauder GZ 125. Looks like it could be either battery, alternator or even starter motor. Battery not holding any charge

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2011 21:51  

the key on your bike lone does not have a transponder chip or immobiliser but a alarm fob may if it has a alarm, my guess is either flat battery or corroded earth strap, if you need a hand getting it going text me you have my number

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2011 22:00  

Thanks Ian. Haven't got any alarms or immobiliser on it. Local garage is picking it up in morning to try and sort it. Hope its nothing serious, want it back for evening, going to the Vic lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/03/2011 22:23  

Hi Lone, I went to mine yesterday and the alarm kept going off when I was trying to start it up - eventually I found out that the battery in the fab was buggered! It's horrible when there is no one near to help, so I feel for you. Hope it's nothing major and you get back on the road again quickly and with out to much cost (nice offer from Ian )

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 03/03/2011 11:36  

rectifier would be more likley cause than alternator try jump starting it with another batery test for voltage when its running should go up to around 15-18 volts when running that would prove alternator working if it fluctuates then rectifier gone if not then prob just battery ! good luck

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 03/03/2011 18:15  

Got it sorted. It was the battery. Being replaced tomorrow. Thanks for all your help guys. Much appreciated ;-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2011 18:50  

great, pleased you got it sorted

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 04/03/2011 00:43  

But what caused the battery to go flat ? Get them to check the CDI etc as if its not getting a charge, or shorting somewhere, then the same thing will happen to the new battery eventually.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 04/03/2011 16:16  

I think they checked all that Drift. It was 4 years old and bike is used everyday all year round too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/03/2011 18:22  

I would have thought a battery sitting is more likely to die than a battery used every day. Unless your commute is really short?

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 04/03/2011 20:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email