MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Pink!

Pink! - Forums [Biker Match] Pink! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Pink!

I don't mean the singer (I'm not a fan!)
and I don't mean the Aerosmith song, as much as I love it

I mean the colour PINK on bike clothing for the ladies! Do you love it or hate it

Now I don't mean full on pink leathers, looking like a kingsize pack of Wall's prime pork & beef on a bike is not my aim in life
I just mean a hint here or there (like the swirly pattern on my new gloves). I make no secret of the fact I'm a pink & fluffy person

Now, I'm taking learning to ride seriously and I want to be as safe, protected, warm and dry as I can afford to be but this is also all about me having some fun, so is it so wrong to want a bit of pink here and there? Does it mean other bikers/drivers won't take me seriously or could it mean that other drivers/riders will realise I'm a bit of a girly wimp and make allowances??

or, at the end of the day, does anyone really care??

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 18/02/2011 16:35  

Knowing you & having spoken with you, you,re gonna be pink no matter what..There aren,t actually that many outfits-to my knowledge anyhow- that are 'all pink' so the bits of pink in the outfit go to show the'girly biker you want to be..So go for it girl

Update Reply
old red @ 18/02/2011 17:08  

hell girly u go for it !!!! but Im an all black type of person,,,, norty but hey ho !!!! blackhelmet and leathers all they way . but am a fanatical rock music babe so thats what I do . but bless u honey - pink is good - swhow them ur a biker babe lol xxx

Update Reply
kazninja @ 18/02/2011 17:56  

Brighter the colour the better chance drivers will see you hopefully..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2011 18:00  

It all depends if you're a girly girl or a tom boy. I HATE PINK!! Always have so I'm never gonna wear it on a bike,I'm like Kaz, all black, even down to the Dracula on the pillon seat lol, but if you want to wear pink why not. Life would be very boring if we all liked the same. Now if it was purple!!!! Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2011 18:54  

I've often thought the designers of bike gear lack imagination when it comes to colour schemes.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 18/02/2011 20:49  

my EX girlfriend used to were pink fishnets tights over her leathers .. it did used to get some funny looks but everyone needs to find there own style ....

Update Reply
neil1340hd @ 18/02/2011 20:59  

It depends on the shade of pink, for me, some I like some I don't, as for WEARING pink bike gear, or touches of pink, well it's not my first choice but it's up to the individual what they wear. I like baby blue lol I also love bright colours for my clothing, when I can, Kawasaki green is one, yellow and orange too but for my outer bike gear I prefer black.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/02/2011 01:36  

Im not in the least bit girly, but i do love pink, i was called pink before the singer was even heard of, i have a pink alpinestars leather and i love it............it matches my pink fringe and my pink cowboy boots. I do draw the line at a pink bike though, thats takin it a bit too far - pinkstorm xx

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 19/02/2011 01:42  

Pink isn't my colour and don't wear it often, but who cares what people think of what you're wearing, it's down to personal choice and if they don't like it, them

The most important is to be seen, so as not to be knocked over, who cares about reputation? I wear mostly black but my jacket has a fair amount of bright yellow on it

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 19/02/2011 09:34  

Black is my colour of choice like most people it seems including 'er indoors,in fact it's one of her bug-bears that the "ladies leather" section always seems to include some pink somewhere lol it does her head in! It is of course though a matter of personal choice,I wouldn't want anyone to tell me what sort of things to wear or what colour to wear them so what right do I have to tell anyone else? I dont think either it makes much difference what colour you wear on the road,they dont see you because they don't want to not because you are wearing dark colours

Update Reply
pondlife @ 19/02/2011 09:55  

I dont think either it makes much difference what colour you wear on the road,they dont see you because they don't want to not because you are wearing dark colours I totally agree with Pond's statement, cos I used to wear a hi-vis tabbard and still had folk trying to drive over my head (wanting to get into the lane I was in, while waiting for traffic lights to alter) and being surprised that I was there first. I felt more like a target they had to have than a fellow road-user they should acknowledge.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/02/2011 10:00  

Thats a good q for Gok Wan,,,,
in my time ive had a few leathers..they included,,,,powder blue!! silver !!! red!! purple!! and black.. but pink ewww nope not for leather,, it would like wearing a piggy

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 19/02/2011 16:22  

Pink is Fabulous, If you have the guts to wear it in bike gear then do, I do, it doesn't mean you are a fluffy bunny, just means you have your own sense of style and you don't give a **** what others say or think,
Think Pink x

Update Reply
GinnyMay @ 19/02/2011 17:16  

No one who knows you would ever think you are a fluffy bunny ginny....I was there when you arrived at the roaches on your bike. My role model. ahhh....although hell would have to freeze over before I wore pink. No, I prefer jade green or aqua blue lol

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 19/02/2011 19:14  

I will wear any bike gear that fit's me properly being the queer shape that I am. If any of the ladies know which bike clothing company caters for top heavy waistless dwarves pleaseeeeee give me a shout! So if you find stuff that you like and it fits, you wear it girl, and don't be concerned what anyone thinks. I've never been a follower of fashion anyway but like most women, I'll spend money on clothes (for whatever purpose) that I like and that flatter. So I can't get my head round why there's so little choice for female bikers. There may be fewer of us, but how many men would have 20 pairs of bike boots just cos they can? Incidentally, my gloves have pink decor!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 19/02/2011 19:52  

Ohh I do love you all

I got some gloves the other day with a pink swirl and today I got taken out "shopping and bought some boots I'd been eyeing up - with a pink swirl on too

I do understand why some women get a bit pee'd off with lots of stuff having pink on it, and even for me it has to be the "right" colour of pink.

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 19/02/2011 20:09  

I think the bike gear suppliers are definitely missing a trick. Us biking girlies are a damn big growth area....in more ways than one. Women are much more likely to have yo-yoing backside dimensions...requiring several different sizes of pants depending on whether it's just after xmas/ been on a crash diet/ had yer heart broken etc etc

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 19/02/2011 20:35  

I saw a fiat 500 yesterday. It was bubblegum pink and the last part of the reg was pnk.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 19/02/2011 21:13  

that's too much, even for me!!!

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 19/02/2011 21:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email