MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

That was close, Muppet!

That was close, Muppet! - Forums [Biker Match] That was close, Muppet! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

That was close, Muppet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzk6...dex

Update Reply
ayjay @ 11/02/2011 07:30  

Jeeeeeez... If it weren't for the quick reactions of the car driver it could've been a different story! ..one lucky, if not stupid, rider.

Update Reply
Karey @ 11/02/2011 08:31  

The second rider wasn't riding his own ride, he was following the lead rider hence the near miss. At a guess I reckon the only time he rode correctly was on the day of his test, cos if he rode like that he would have failed it and had his test stopped for being too dangerous.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/02/2011 11:32  

blooming heck, one close shave!

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 11/02/2011 11:54  

christ almighty, very close, scary

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2011 12:14  

omg what a knobhead!! i hope non of the guys on here ride like that.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 11/02/2011 12:33  

Heres what I got from that clip.

Camera-bike dude , pops wheelie right from the off, (wonder where this is going).
- No indications at all on turning, even to eachother?!

Whats obviously a very busy minor road (B probably) that is in rural surroundings. Can you say tractor and livestock? Amongst others...

Overtaking into on-coming traffic.... can't think what this idiot wasn't thinking!
No registration either....

Seeing his mate nearly end up in hospital, Cameradude seems to take a dump in his Frank Thomas' and hangs back for a bit. Then tries to catch up, clearly an inexperienced timid rider.

At a guess I would say doing 50+ mph through the small village.

Endangering themselves and others and clearing no regard for safety at all.

This clip reminded me of another thread here on BM, about going out with your Buds and ONLY riding within your own capabilities. Clearly this lot are all at very different levels.

I wonder if there would be enough evidence to prosecute these idiots, only thing is, its then another bad stat for the whole biking community.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 11/02/2011 13:10  

As soon as I saw them leave the Bridge and the camera guy pulled a wheelie, I thought .. "Pillock".

Typical "tow rope" rider. My mate's gone past and so I've got to keep up. As Karey says, the only reason that guy ain't dead is because of the very quick thinking of the car driver who's probably trashed the side of his car by driving down the side of the hedges.

One very, very lucky idiot.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 11/02/2011 13:13  

About 100 yds before the near miss, theres even a sign warning of zig-zag bends...

Got one of the Regos... DX05 EVZ

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 11/02/2011 13:20  

comitt an offence then post it on you tube!!! what an w****r !

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 11/02/2011 13:37  

Passing a car on a blind corner now that is trusting fate if it had been the truck they passed a bit before and not the car, a nice hospital stay would be in order lol. A nice bit of a wheelie though.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2011 15:53  

3 days ago whilst on way home from work in Selly Oak.. am ambulance came racin past, all blues and 2's - so like any good citizen I pulled across. As said ner ner went past I then, like all folk pulled back into my line of traffic - only to have to brake hard because some ~~~~ on a bike had decided it was quicker to follow the ner ner in an attempt to get thru traffic. I am still at a lost to understand the benifts of doin this !!!! Or am I just boring??
WHY?
But if he was tryin to get into the ambulance, ridin like that it wont be long before he succeeds.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2011 18:28  

OMG wot a tw*t, bet he needed clean underpants when he got back home

Update Reply
drobess @ 11/02/2011 18:37  

Bloody hell, I bet the car driver had to have his car seat valeted . Watching that is the closest i'll come to ever doing a wheelie, I ride a Harley . That is one lucky rider for sure!

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 11/02/2011 18:39  

1st rider was ok and camera rider was ok the fool in the middle was rubbish

Update Reply
dunans @ 11/02/2011 18:43  

No plate on 2 bike, little air in rear tyre, that's why he wobbles just before his near miss, locked the back wheel up and takes to long to recover, if a second car came around that bend he'd be dead. The bike with the camera passed the car, then speeds into a 40 zone going into a village. Two complete w*****'s, that's why we get C**p from Joe Public

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 11/02/2011 20:51  

Ragnor, have you seen cameradudes comments on youtube? Honestly can't see what they did wrong, unbelievable.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 11/02/2011 20:53  

Id guess they hit over 100 at times there.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2011 21:07  

I find it pretty scary that there are riders like that out there. No wonder we have such bad accident stats!

Can't comment on the camera bike rider as you can't see him, but neither of the first two check over their shoulder before making the right turn. Which, when this close to Devils Bridge is pretty silly. Then all three of them demonstrate poor positioning, poor acceleration sense, poor braking skills and poor overtaking skills.

Anyone can make a modern sports bike go fast, you've just got to open the throttle more! There's no skill in that.

But these nuggets fail to make good use of the road space available to them (poor positioning), instead opting for the "ride down the middle as fast as I can" approach!

They then ride right up to behind cars and then brake, when a bit more thought into using the throttle on the approach would allow them to make overtakes without having to accelerate hard (poor acceleration sense).

Mr Total Nugget then locks the back wheel up when faced with an emergency, a classic sign of poor braking skills.

And to top it all off, Mr Camera Man could have been past the car on at least two occasions before he did, if he'd been using his eyes properly, but instead decides to leave the overtake until he's half way down the straight (poor overtaking skills).

I don't want further restrictions on licensing and more imposed training before people are allowed to get the bike they want, but it's no surprise that many in government do when you consider that idiots like this are easily able to get onto a modern sports bike and cause havoc.

As DT says, it could well be possible to identify the number plates on this vid. (Another sign of an idiot in my book - make a video of me riding really fast and dangerously and post it on youtube for anyone to identify me). If Mr Car Driver decides to report the incident, which given the likely damage to his nearside paintwork from the hedge, is likely, then the Police have only got to do a bit of searching on youtube out of interest to find this. And then Mr Nuggets (1 and 2 at least) are bang to rights. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 12/02/2011 09:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email