MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I'd get shot of the active button altogether, and have people navigate around the forums.
That way it encourages folks to actually have to click on the individual subs.
The 'eye' in the forums is pretty easy to see, so finding threads that you've posted in really is a non-issue.
Active forum button = lazy browser (IMHO)

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 11/02/2011 06:22  

The easiest way is look at the bottom of your profile it lists everything you have already posted in, cant get much easier than that me thinks :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/02/2011 09:33  

No Shell, I can't get used to it, I'm still missing topics lol Give me a year or two DynaToon, I don't drink alcohol - I assume that's what Magners is.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/02/2011 11:36  

I prefer to think of it as ....well, Holy water

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 11/02/2011 13:35  

Im finding it easy to navigate my way round the forums no problem, but i spend a lot of time on a pc at college and at home, when anything is moved it allways makes you look twice but thats no bad thing.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 11/02/2011 14:19  

As boody says look twice and miss nothing

Update Reply
JP @ 11/02/2011 15:13  

Well I think it stinks! It's no bother selecting forums from the full list, but that's not the point. Either a topic is active or it isn't. If it isn't active you can't miss anything in it because it is inactive. As Yama say's, a topic can be buried by mods who don't like the sound of it, and this exemplifies that perfectly, the thread informing us of this change made it to the active topics, but the thread discussing the change in a critical manner hasn't. So I agree that the Active Topics button should be deleted, or renamed, and as my suggestion for the revised name was a bit long winded (topics currently being posted in which are deemed of importance by site staff), I propose that we go with Yama's suggestion 'censored active button' or CAB.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 11/02/2011 22:06  

good girl 6ypsy xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2011 22:47  

Am I the only one who has only just noticed the active topics button? I've only noticed it now because I started reading this thread lol
I normally just click on forums and then go to either general or events,the ones I have posted on are quite obvious because of the eye but they are not the only ones I will read fuss over nothing if you ask me

Update Reply
pondlife @ 12/02/2011 02:32  

(topics currently being posted in which are deemed of importance by site staff), I would just like to remind folks that not all staff are moderators. Staff List: Webmaster / Treasurer Moderators (12 of) Admin (Newsletter / Calendar) Events Planning Team Advertisement Sales Merchandise Promotions Photographer

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/02/2011 02:38  

I don't recall making a fuss, I asked a question. The 'active topic' button has only just been introduced.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/02/2011 02:42  

It was done Becuse the events and important stuff was being lost in rubbish and highjacking threads for personal converstions, if you dont like the way it is now talk to the peeps that were caused it. You say mods move stuff cus thay dont like it, err NO ladys do you put knives forks and spoons in the same slot in the draw no, lads do you have metric and imp spanners in the same tray no, thats all thay are doing IF thay have to move stuff it's becuse you put it in the wrong place.

Update Reply
JP @ 12/02/2011 08:12  

very well put JP...love it...!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/02/2011 08:42  

Not so very well put JP, very sexistly put - smacked wrist for you! There's no problem with anything being moved to the correct place, but that's not what Sandi raised. It was the removal of selected forums from the active topics category causing them to be missed. And she's quite right, they are missed unless you don't use the active topics button. Surely it's obvious that if you can't identify active topics with the active topics button something is amiss Also, if the reason it was done is to stop threads being hijacked for personal conversation it's failed at that too. Hence the need for mods to go through the kiss rally thread and delete stuff out (as posted in said thread). Is that service site wide or selected? As for the blaming the peeps guilty of waffle posts; From what I've seen staff are as guilty as anyone. I like the waffle posts, they lighten the site. The removal of posts is censorship, I don't agree with it, and it should only apply to offensive material (IMO) The ability to post in forums is a paid for service so limiting that (by their removal) could be a breach of contract. Pondlife - I only found the active button as a result of Matt posting to say it was being changed so it's no great shakes for me really, and Sandi, soz for tarring all staff with the Mod brush , hope I'm forgiven (she say's having just replaced Kwak with Sandi - oops)!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 12/02/2011 11:01  

Yes 6ypsy I forgive ya (I'll PM you my email address so you can send me some nice cake by way of a brib...an apology)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/02/2011 11:22  

Calm down it's not really that serious

Update Reply
yamahama @ 12/02/2011 11:51  

No prob Sandi, cake you can have!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 12/02/2011 11:53  

My drawers contain a very eclectic mix ,sometimes the knives move in with the spoons, I have a pink screwdriver nestling next to my balloon whisk and two spanners and a spirit level have taken up residence next to my apple corer It's never boring in my drawers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/02/2011 13:01  

LOL @ little chick

BUT do agree with Sandi !! (maybe an age thing ) ...really struggle with change...but I've found out where all the important topics are (to me!!) ...tho' it DID take longer than most of you

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 13/02/2011 18:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email