MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

ambulance motorcycle club CRASH card

ambulance motorcycle club CRASH card - Forums [Biker Match] ambulance motorcycle club CRASH card - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

ambulance motorcycle club CRASH card

This looks like a good idea, you could even print your own if it's not active in your area If you’re injured and are unable to talk coherently because of concussion how does the ambulance crew find out who you are? More importantly they may need to know what medication you currently take or your medical history. The Ambulance Motorcycle Club www.ambulancemotorcycleclub.150m.com> devised a simple card that details all this information, making it easier for the attending ambulance crew or the person making the 999 call to provide the necessary details. The card is placed either underneath the crash helmet lining or in your pocket/wallet with a green dot sticker placed on the right hand corner of the helmet to help the emergency services to your CRASH card. We would suggest in your wallet as removing a crash helmet after an incident is something ambulance crews are fully trained on. The scheme has been produced by the East of England Ambulance Service and are therefore only available in certain counties. To obtain a card please visit http://www.ambulancemotorcycleclub....htm and click on your county to find out where to collect one

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/02/2011 18:44  

Good post..thanks Bill

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/02/2011 18:59  

I got handed a bag at the NEC from Air Ambulance staff that had the card and the green dot in it and all the info. I thought 'what a cracking idea' so card is filled out and tucked inside helmet and green dot affixed

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 07/02/2011 23:14  

Whilst I also think this seems like a great idea, I am also aware that sometimes it is not a good thing to remove a riders helmet, as this may cause more damage. For that reason, so that the important details can found quickly, an alternative location for this information should be considered.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/02/2011 06:34  

very good point trish, number plates are a good idea to id folk as long as your not on someone elses bike, or just collected it and not reg with dvla, this does seem a good idea though...maybe they will develop it in the future so they can put a sticker that they can quickly scan and bring your info up ?? most folk however would be carrying a wallet etc...so info should be accessible !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2011 06:58  

I use the ICE (in case of emergency) number in my mobile. Although it doesn,t tell them who I am it does give them info to go on. The card is a good idea as well but from the list of counties shown on the web site it hasn't been taken up in Wales yet.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 08/02/2011 14:19  

The Air Ambulance guys were giving these away at the BIke Safe show, good idea me thinks, but as Trish says its always a good idea to keep one in your wallet as well.

WB's idea of ICE is also a good one.

We were considering doing something similar to this when going on a ride out, everyone who is attending puts emergency contact details into an envelope, which is then given to a designated person to hold during the ride out then either handed back or dispoased of at the end. Not a nice thing to have to think about but when you take into account what happened to a couple of BM folk last year, kinda makes sense, and most of us only know each other by BM name or christian name so wouldnt be much use otherwise lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/02/2011 15:16  

I think that is a great idea BJ

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 08/02/2011 15:45  

I came accross these green dots a couple of weeks back in the bike club. I've worked for the ambulance control for 20 years and I'd never even heard of these. Please, if you do come accross or involved in any incident where you have an injured motorcyclist, please tell the controller that he has a green dot, in case they don't know about them either. Also explain to them what they are. I'd never ever take a helmet off unless somebody has stopped breathing !!! There is no need. If the cassualty is unconcious and breathing then please leave them be. the crew will take the lid off. Too much damage can be caused. Had a job once, a doctor was involved in a car accident. She was young and had her whole career ahead of her. Somebody thought they were doing the right thing by moving her and now she is paralised. Please think before you do anything.

Update Reply
fem-cbf6 @ 13/02/2011 22:35  

forgot to mention...............type of thing you could or should be asked when phoning. is he on any medication does he have any cardiac problems is he an epileptic is he a diabetic does he have any bleeding disorders. does he suffer with any allergies. a note in a jacket pocket of every biking jacket you own should do it as well as the helmet. This way the caller can find what he/she needs to answer these questions. write down anything you suffer with. Answers to any of the above would be useful to us and to the caller too. You will get asked questions as per policy, so please don't panic when you call although difficult not to.

Update Reply
fem-cbf6 @ 13/02/2011 22:40  

Just contacted air ambulance for information, thats for that, just checked my mobile and one of the ICE numbers has changed so now would be a time to check/update. Neil

Update Reply
Stokeypan man @ 06/03/2011 11:01  

Applied for the Crash card and the following e-mail came back
Hi Neil 
I received a message from our HQ mailbox about our Bike card – Crash Card.

The card was something we launched in the Midlands last year, and were able to get it sponsored. We’ve run out totally now, and at this moment in time, cannot find anyone who wishes to sponsor them – the cost to print them is around £1500.

I’m really sorry, as it would be a great thing to spread to Staffordshire. If the situation changes, I’ll let you know, regards

So 3 things, 1) has anyone got a spare or one that I can copy and could I have the details of the sticker etc
2) Perhaps we could tempt them to reprint the cards and then buy them at a nominal charge, I think that we all agree that they do a wonderful job and would not mind paying.
3) Does anyone know of a dealer (no not drugs) or company that may be willing to sponsor the reprint.
Thanks Neil

Update Reply
Stokeypan man @ 12/03/2011 19:39  

The proberlem with puting it on number plates is that it may be broke of, or if two bikes are there how would they know which was which or you could have someone on the back and they may not know which was the rider so it has to be on the person, also when you arrive at hospital they may need it so keep one in your pocket, mobils are ok but they can get damaged.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/03/2011 04:09  

Refresh

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/04/2011 06:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email