MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Profile advice section

Profile advice section (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Profile advice section (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Profile advice section

what makes someone appear desperate? Posing half naked or naked what would turn you off someone completely?In their profile: Status - Married, especially if they also put 'looking for fun' On meeting them (single ones I mean), their lack of personal hygiene put me off. what should you write in your profile?The truth what sort on introductory message would get your attention?A funny one and one with more than 'Hi' in it. what words are best avoided in a profile Lonely / Go to gym 4 times a week lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/02/2011 08:59  

Sandy i promise no more topless ones of me then and no going to the gym lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/02/2011 15:31  

awwwwww!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 10/02/2011 16:00  

Sandy i promise no more topless ones of me then and no going to the gym lol Clinton, when I typed that I was thinking of the ladies that are scantily clad, but yep you fellas leave something for the imagination too lol. My gym comment was because I don't like very defined muscles, it makes me cringe. Whatever the pastime / hobby if it's done a lot then there probably isn't time for a relationship. Not that it applies to me cos I'm dating at the mo.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/02/2011 10:51  

whacko is always having a go at the ladies,

BB, as long as you girlies remember your place!!!! I would never have a go.

Sandi, ok, no more X dressing for me ( happy now) pmsl

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 11/02/2011 11:19  

Nowt wrong with cross dressing, but remember when doing a zip up in a temper you're likely to get material caught in it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/02/2011 11:25  

Dammit... i really must stay in more... i missed the topless ones of clinton.. and Sandi he's a scot... they always have a temper probably why he wears a skirt... sorry... kilt

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 11/02/2011 11:59  

When I was looking at profiles I wanted honesty and GSOH whether it be for friends or dating ..And an up to date photo (important) nothing worse than going to a meet and you dont recognise someone cos the pic is 10/20 yrs out of date.

Be yourself if someone doesnt like what they are reading then its not meant to be.

This is supposed to be a social and dating site IMO I would go for the social side and if you happen to meet that special someone then its a bonus.

Update Reply
jabecs @ 11/02/2011 13:54  

The Bronze Adonis

"She didn't like the ribe cage / the coat-hanger HIPS
the razor-sharp shoulder blades / always give her JIP
she's reading Edward de Bono under the PALMS
he sprays odorono under his ARMS
I was to say the least ALARMED
when the BRONZE ADONIS got her...
I lay beneath the parasol / watched him with the CHICKS
horsing around with his aerosol / they whispered about his odd TRICK
"SEND NO CASH... FEAR NO MAN / YOU CAN BE A LOVE LEVIATHAN"
she's a FAN of the MAN with a TAN from a CAN
the BRONZE ADONIS got her
mr and mrs universe / the folks who live in the GYM
each night she sleeps in a room marked HER / he sleeps in a room marked HIM
muscle bound for stardom / the apollo of your EYE
can't seem to get a hard on / oh christ I wonder WHY
the BRONZE ADONIS got her
they honeymoon on muscle beach to cries of "Beat it Mac"
he plucks some puny pansy's peach / how do you like that
the BONZE ADONIS got her
there stands the body gorgeous / men worship girls ADMIRE
he bravely bears the scourges and the squelch of squashed DESIRE
what a physical jerk / no time for SEX
where's me bleedin' bullworker, baby oil and leopard KECKS
oh yeah / the BRONZE ADONIS got her
hubba hubba yum yum wow / what a hunk of BEEF
who made you the sacred cow / who hangs around his BRIEFS
in the corner sauna / with his MATES
wanking away unwanted weight
that's his idea of a heavy DATE
the BRONZE ADONIS got her"
John Cooper Clark

Update Reply
Rattay @ 11/02/2011 17:23  

what makes someone appear desperate?

torso pics, then being constantly messaged when your answer clearly shows your not interested. Believe me, if I was then I would tell you ! Sounding too good to be true...

what would turn you off someone completely ?

married/attached, having my profile constantly viewed by the same guy daily turns me off to, people who obviously love themselves and it shows in what they write, it's not sexy and it makes me want to

what should you write in your profile?

be completely honest about yourself and what makes you tick, it won't appeal to everyone, but it could appeal to the right one. Have up to date pic as your profile shot too.

what sort on introductory message would get your attention?

short, imaginative and fun

what words are best avoided in a profile?

'tell you later'... I won't bother asking later then, it wreaks of can't be bothered or best get rid of my fella/ lass before I get interest in my profile.... Putting yourself down too... don't do it ! If you were selling a used bike you would talk about its great features and skim over the not so appealing parts. Take the same approach to yourself and let your date decide what they think. You never know, they might just like you.

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 11/02/2011 17:37  

tell you later ;)

Update Reply
dunans @ 11/02/2011 19:07  

@ dunans

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 11/02/2011 20:52  

For Nutkin68, http://mohawkvalleytattooexpo.com/wp-content/uploads/20...idgets.jpg short, imaginative and fun

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 11/02/2011 21:07  

wish I'd known about this for the dwarf ex next door neighbour....

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 11/02/2011 22:35  

tell it like it is warts an all for gods sake... chances are, the other persons "warts" equal your own!!!! no one is bothered bout the next door neighbour nuts, most people are concerned with themselves love x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2011 23:03  

Well I've tweaked my profile so just waiting for the PM's to come flooding in. None yet! Or yet! Or yet! Well I don't mention patience lol! Great topic seriously Gatvol, cos too many of us haven't got a clue...

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 11/02/2011 23:35  

never seen much point in telling porkies either on a website profile or in real life if you cant be honest with yourself then what chance are you going to be honest with others? the "tell you later" thing really bugs me,nearly as much as a phone call from a witheld number (I never answer those) to be honest,I didnt join this site to find someone special (although I did) but I did fill in all the profile stuff simply because if someone had gone to the trouble of programming the thing,who am I not to bother filling it in??

Update Reply
pondlife @ 12/02/2011 03:06  

I think one of the first worse lines - and fellas are the worst offenders is to put a lack-lustre profile picture up and proudly say ..."what you see is what you get" C'mon lads we can do better than this!!! :-)

Update Reply
Flettie @ 14/02/2011 20:15  

that line really bugs me flettie!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 14/02/2011 20:31  

I find what you see isn't what you get (thankfully in my case ). I very rarely recognise anyone from their photo's. But I really can't see the point of blagging, life's hard enough anyway without having to analyse everything people say cos it's all b**locks.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 14/02/2011 20:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email