MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Profile advice section

Profile advice section - Forums [Biker Match] Profile advice section - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Profile advice section

I was just thinking that perhaps there should be a dating advice section on here (unless there is one and I just haven't seen it), seeing as some of us seem to be really bad at it.

I know its a diffiuclt subject as everyone is different and has their own ideas, but it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks - things such as:

what makes someone appear desperate?

what would turn you off someone completely?

what should you write in your profile?

what sort on introductory message would get your attention?

what words are best avoided in a profile?

And so on....

I for one am never sure what I should write in my profile (hence it keeps changing) - do I write "I like" some thing or "I love" something.

Update Reply
gatvol @ 06/02/2011 23:19  

you do realise that everyone is gonna look at your profile now dont ya GAt??? lol tee hee
i would say write true to yourself on your profile, it dont matter if it changes,, just be yourself and if you love somethin then say that and dont worry just be yourself ........ dunno if that helps!! but have fun is what i say

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2011 23:36  

haha! Well that thought didn't even occur to me.

Thanks Suzi.

Update Reply
gatvol @ 06/02/2011 23:39  

If you find the answers gat let me know, Im rubbish at the dating thing hehe

Im so not good a at reading signals !!!!!

I think ill stick to friends its easier that way

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/02/2011 00:32  

Here's my two cents worth.

Try and be just a little inventive/creative, make em laugh. You only have a few seconds to tell your story. If the first things people reads is "I'm rubbish at the dating thing" (sorry Shaza) then people are just going to say "yes you are" and move on to the next profile and you wasted both your time and money.

Putting up a good profile takes some thought and effort. I love it when ladies say exactly what they want IE (feisty, sensual girl looking for man with piercings, tats and big bike) - it leaves little room for doubt and embarrassment.

If you have to, get a friend to take a decent picture of you, obviously you look great at your sisters wedding but it has to be a fair representation of you and the things you get up to.

here's some things that make me pass profiles by...

"Well what do I put here...""If you want to know anything - just ask me""My ex is a bastard"
Up front, Men don't want to hear about the horrendous divorce or how much you're damaged by previous relationships. Keep it simple, keep in honest, accentuate the positive, be a bit daring and provocative if you have to and don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

remember you have only a few seconds of attention time so make it count. Yes yes takes effort but like anything else you only get out of it what you put in.

Steps off soap box
Mark x

Update Reply
Flettie @ 07/02/2011 12:35  

Flettie your response is a triple 'i' interesting, informative, insightful and honest to you It will be interesting to see how many men will respond. Gatval I am sure alot of people will appreciate your post. Main thing is be true to your word - coz if things progress you'll inevitably meet the other party and the 'truth will out'. Don't compromise on what you want. Good luck with your quest - I'm sure you will successful in every way

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 07/02/2011 12:53  

if i read a profile thats full of >> ILL TELL YOU LATER i just think errr nope i wont bother reading it later because your obviously hiding something.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 07/02/2011 13:52  

@Boody - or they can't be arsed. Either way it's a big NEXT for me:-)

Update Reply
Flettie @ 07/02/2011 14:01  

Gatvol, you are a genius. By starting this topic you have ensured a massive influx of peeps checking out your profile. Seems to me like you're a mastermind of dating know how! (Very nice person too, yes I looked at your profile). Genius.

Update Reply
brad_the_impaler @ 07/02/2011 15:54  

Try writing a list of ten attributes that you wish to find in a prospective partner and start there Be really honest about yourself and have a close mate read your prospective profile Use an up to date picture and never put tell you later Oh and be prepared for some bizarre and unwanted messages most ladies get them so either block them or report them to admin hth Twin

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 07/02/2011 19:05  

Hi, i gave a true representation of myself and i think its put people off!!!
Buts thats me and they can like it or lump it..................If we were all the same life would be so boring

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 07/02/2011 19:16  

@Pinkstorm - Always be yourself sweetheart - you can be no one else. Your candor and honesty is refreshing in a world where bullshit seems to rule.

Mark x

Update Reply
Flettie @ 07/02/2011 20:05  

In a profile we dont know anything at all about that person, only what they want us to believe,, that in mind folks what does it mean when the female members pose in their underwear using phrases like "cum and get me boys"?? ,,and guys that stand in front of a mirror taking a photo of his torso with no face shot ?? please!!!!! grant us all some inteligence we know why your here!! and its nothing to do with bikes.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 07/02/2011 20:14  

Not the bikes with two wheels anyway

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 07/02/2011 21:11  

LOL contradiction

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 07/02/2011 21:20  

its a hard one
have u got the rite pic
have you sied to much or not enuf
have u spelt it rite (in my case no )
what to put and how to put it
think everyone has it rite here be onest and hope for the best i ges

Update Reply
kaycat @ 07/02/2011 22:59  

Although I do find some profiles interesting and funny I think it's better to post in the forums, gives folk a much better idea of the type of person you are. For those of us that post often we have a pretty good idea of what a partic member is going to say eg, with actdaft you know it's going to be something totally random, madhat is usually found brandishing her broom, whacko is always having a go at the ladies, but in a fun way etc etc but it makes meeting them all the more enjoyable

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 07/02/2011 23:36  

Thanks flettie, by the way I didnt put that on my profile, and I always look as good as I did at my Brothers wedding hehe

I did put some very drunk ones on from a rally to balance things out lol

I really am just looking for friends on here anyway, and I have found some great ones, and hope we will be friends for a long time.

I still hope my night in shining armour will find me at a night out or something.

But yep good advice

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 00:00  

Before my hairy biker hunk started to message me, I was speaking to some nice guys, but then I got 2 guys who I found really peed me off, why cause they assumed that cause I had red hair I was ready to (pardon my brutality) drop my knickers and have sex, that to me is a total and utter put off. I joined here to make new friends in the hope I was going to meet someone special, and I have. I personally put the truth about me on my profile, I felt that if I did that then there were no hidden surprises, and that whomever I talked male and female could see the real me, warts and all. Honesty to say the least I feel is the most important factor in making new friends. xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 12:13  

I must get a picture on mine at some point !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 22:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email