MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

New Kid on the block! come say "Hi Mark"

New Kid on the block! come say "Hi Mark" - Forums [Biker Match] New Kid on the block! come say "Hi Mark" - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

New Kid on the block! come say "Hi Mark"

Hello, hello and thrice hello. My name is Mark - I'n not a patch-wearing dyed-in-the-wool, speed demon of a biker in fact my bike (1975 Triumph Trident) stays in my office for several months of the year.

Yeah yeah! born again, part-time, fair weather biker. Two hours riding - Four hours polishing.... Guilty as charged M,lud (puts hand up) but I used to be a bit more hard-core though.

I have to say up front that I'm coming out of a long relationship and I'm still a bit bruised but I'm looking to make new friends, get out and about and try and put a smile on my big oafish face again.

I guess if one was to twist my arm up my back I'd say that I associate myself more with the biker fraternity rather than the golf-loving, radiator-feeling, picture-straightening, fart-wafting,washing the car on Sunday types.

So if you see me at an event, come say hi - but don't smudge the chrome work, it will take me hours to get back up

Flettie (Mark)

Update Reply
Flettie @ 06/02/2011 11:09  

Once a Biker always a Biker Mark. Your bike cleaning fetish is well in with a few here, if your ever at a loose end you can have a go at mine . Welcome.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 06/02/2011 11:13  

2 hours riding 4 hours cleaning you lucky git any riding means 5 hours cleaning welcome to the site see you about soon I hope

Update Reply
JP @ 06/02/2011 11:15  

Welcome Mark, I've only been on here a few weeks myself and have made some great new friends. I'm also attending some of the events, so hopefully we'll see you out and about over the summer.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2011 11:30  

Nice to know you take the time to clean your machine...quick wipe of the headlight is all i manage and i always avoid the number plate !...welcome to the site..and watch out for the wierdo's...whoops..that's all of us

Update Reply
Dakar62 @ 06/02/2011 11:59  

@Dakar62
A fellow Skier!!!!

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 06/02/2011 12:26  

Hi Mark and welcome. There's still time for you to get over to Matlock Bath this afternoon and meet some of the inmates/members (delete according to taste) who'll be somewhere near the Promenade cafe. Cars tolerated as you as you buy a coffee or two

Update Reply
Wills @ 06/02/2011 12:43  

Welcome to the site Mark, you will love it !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2011 13:09  

Gosh - what a pleasant surprise - all these nice responses. I'll not be making it over to Matlock this afternoon but I'll look out for future events and mid-week shenanigans.

Cheers me dears

Mark

Update Reply
Flettie @ 06/02/2011 13:09  

Hello good evening and welcome , mooch about , see what takes your fancy and jump in with your boots on :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/02/2011 13:49  

or off !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2011 13:50  

Hi Mark

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 06/02/2011 15:08  

Hi mark welcome mate:)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2011 15:54  

hi fab site - fab peeps - enjoy aqnd get to some meets ;-0

Update Reply
kazninja @ 06/02/2011 17:07  

Welcome Mark,have to see what events there are for you, within range, on a rain free day. preferably warm & sunny...Must bring my on/off cloths & autosol.. Great site mate many new friends to meet...Enjoy..

Update Reply
old red @ 06/02/2011 17:17  

Welcome mark

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2011 21:23  

hi welcome have fun and enjoy

Update Reply
kaycat @ 07/02/2011 22:33  

Hi Mark. Welcome!! Sounds like your bike is all shiny and polished. if youve got any spare time you can bring mine back up to scratch :-)

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 13/02/2011 21:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email