MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Motorcycle watch/Bike stolen?

Motorcycle watch/Bike stolen? - Forums [Biker Match] Motorcycle watch/Bike stolen? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Motorcycle watch/Bike stolen?

Here is a site worth looking at,when bikes have been stolen List of Stolen Bikes over last 8 weeks 18 January 2011 15:06:51. need help ? You can now search for a stolen bike via, Make, Model, Colour, Engine Size, ..

www.motorcyclewatch.co.uk

BB

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 28/01/2011 11:24  

Copy and pasted from the site.

Please read the following notes before registering your bike.
You must be the Owner of the Motorcycle

Note (1)

Please complete as much information as possible when completing the form as we will distribute as much information about your motorcycle as given and this could improve your chances of recovery. You can also add a reward if advising under our free service or increase the reward that we offer under our contribution service.

You do not have to give your own address when registering, but you must give an address that you could be contacted at in the event that we recover your motorcycle.

Note (2)

It is important that you give these details accurately. An example would be a "Honda CBR600F", make "Honda", model "CBR", C.C. "600", type "F". The engine and frame numbers must be complete e.g. model prefix and number, for example "ZX600DE 053106". These numbers can be found on the engine cases and frame headstock, don't use your logbook as sometimes it does not give the model prefix. It could be worth you checking the logbook numbers match your bikes numbers to see if the parts have been changed, it may be possible that you have been sold a stolen bike.

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 28/01/2011 11:25  

As an aside, I had two mates had their bikes nicked last week coincidentally more or less on the same day. One lived in Liverpool and the other in Coventry and they didn't know each other. They were both big bikes,an 1800 cruiser and a 1300 sports cruiser. The bikes were both found, the 1800 in Liverpool by the police. The 1300 in Cov was returned after a £250 ransom was paid for its return!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 28/01/2011 12:07  

When my son's bike was stolen, some years ago, I tried to enter the details onto a website for stolen bikes but didn't get far cos they only registered bikes that had been stolen down South. That particular bike was never recovered. My god! how awful would that be, having your bike stolen then finding out it was already stolen when you bought it?! No bike, no refund and possible charge for handling stolen goods.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/01/2011 12:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email