MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why do you ride?

Why do you ride? - Forums [Biker Match] Why do you ride? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why do you ride?

Ok,seeing as how I asked this dumb question I will go first.
I enjoy the feeling of being in charge of my own destiny,When I,m on mi bike the rest of the world ceases to exist.Biking to me has always been a type of escape and a power trip wound up in one.
I've never been into the poetry of the road thing,but I can see where people who are, are coming from.I often hear people putting the ideal down,but I do strongly identify with the bikes I ride.
This dos'nt mean I have any problems with the riders of any style of bike,But I sure have my own preference in styles.
Bikes to me have always represented an alternative way of doing things that has nothing to do with being some kind of rebel,I mean it dosnt matter what we ride, we have style.Some thing a bit lacking in every day life.don't you think.
OK dribble of the day over.
Your turn.

BB

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 28/01/2011 10:51  

if you look back BB you will find a thread what bike do you ride and why

Look above !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2011 10:52  

Here http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=5123

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/01/2011 10:53  

thanks sandi x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2011 10:54  

soz,Ianhg1971,can be such a clown sometimes..........
I negleted to look around first,had the throught there so went straight into it....................clump

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 28/01/2011 11:28  

Why do I ride ?
For fun now.
I've a car for all the other essential stuff.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 28/01/2011 13:04  

it's quicker than walking :-))

Update Reply
yamahama @ 28/01/2011 13:10  

because i can!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/01/2011 13:26  

because I miss it when I cant!

Update Reply
julie j @ 28/01/2011 14:54  

chance would be a fine thing !!! a blow up doll at the min

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2011 15:25  

cos it was part ofmy mid life crisis thingy - aLWAYS wanted to ... but parents ...NO hubyy ...NO then made the split and bought a bike lol !!Q best thing I ever did :-) just love the freedom and as a forum member posted,,, why does a dog hand his head out of the car window at speed ....hmmmmm know I know !!! Also met some really ace peeps on this forum,,, you all know who u are lol !! so a bloody good move.

Update Reply
kazninja @ 28/01/2011 18:33  

coz there is no feeling like it in teh world... total freedom....being part of the picture instead of looking at it in a frame..... getting a corner right on a bike.. no feeling like it....the camaraderie of bikers....the sound of bikes... the feeling like nothing else matters at all ever at that moment in time... when im on a bike... knowing that all car drivers really would love to be bikers but are too scared.... ya see there is a god..... he gave us bikes hahaha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2011 16:24  

I think a better question to ask people is "why DON'T you ride?"

Update Reply
pondlife @ 30/01/2011 09:37  

Well what started the bike bug was going to watch the bike racing at four in Ireland when I was 12 and thinking wow!!!! Going on the back of my big brothers, and watching all his mates come around to my mums and pull there bikes apart on the drive, drove my mum mad lol

I love riding because its fun hehe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 00:32  

I'm still learning at the mo, but I always wanted to ride, simply to enoy the freedom that you don't get necessarily with a car. Also there seems to be such a camaraderie with bikers, that again doesn't seem to be present with cars. And now I've found my hairy biker man, I can enjoy going to places I've only dreamed of

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 12:06  

Have since 14-15 yr old,slowpeds onto bigger and bigger and better bikes,all the usual sentiments,freedom ,mates,lifestyle- if it can be explained,only learned how to drive a car 10 yr ago cos of work, no interest in them,usefull I suppose tho.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 09/02/2011 13:31  

The truth is I only go out on nice days to get the wind in my greying hair and to clear my mind - The world looks somehow different on a bike - it's easy to find some perspective. I really enjoyed building this bike (took 13 years ha ha) I do take issue with the reverse snobs who ride in all weathers and pass snotty comments down from their lofty positions. They go all quiet when you ask them if the bike is their only vehicle ;-)

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/cgi-bin/thumbnail.aspx?width=1200&height=1200&source=/sites/bm/profiles/uploads/35622_bm_1_bm_2722000016.jpg&type=JPG

Update Reply
Flettie @ 09/02/2011 14:14  

I ride, because when I do I feel alive. somehow more connected to reality, more focused, and I ride because occasionally there is a bloody good party at the end of the journey, but mainly I ride because I can and I want to.

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 09/02/2011 22:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email