MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

1 in 5 stolen vehicles is a bike.

1 in 5 stolen vehicles is a bike. - Forums [Biker Match] 1 in 5 stolen vehicles is a bike. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

1 in 5 stolen vehicles is a bike.

Motorcycles account for more than one in five stolen vehicles despite making up only about 1% of vehicles on the road, according to new figures. While the number of motorcycles stolen every year has fallen, the figure for cars has dropped much faster. The result is that bikes have gone from representing 16.8% of all vehicles stolen in 2006 to 21.69% last year. The figures, derived from the Police National Computer by Retainagroup Ltd, show the number of bikes stolen has dropped from 26,608 in 2006 to 21,928 last year. For more on this, including a new MCN campaign to fight bike theft, buy the paper,

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 28/01/2011 10:13  

thats coz theyre easy to chuck in the back of a van and easy to dismantle and get rid of. i take it those figures only apply to england? and not the whole of the UK?

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/01/2011 10:17  

No,the whole of the UK..........

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 28/01/2011 11:44  

It doesn't surprise me a friend of ours lives in a not to nice an area and is new to biking , got himself a CBR125, and when taking to us said he had attatched a bicycle lock to it, not attached it to anything "doh" saying well it won't be able to be wheeled away !

He came and borrowed our locks till he got himself a good one!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/01/2011 12:06  

Pm me who if he is on the site and i will supply one at trade !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2011 12:09  

He is not on here Ian (yet)... but will ask him if he has one yet

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/01/2011 17:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email