MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What do you do for a living - and can you help a BM member out ??

What do you do for a living  - and can you help a BM member out ?? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] What do you do for a living  - and can you help a BM member out ?? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What do you do for a living - and can you help a BM member out ??

I've done a little of a lot, but I'm a good listener, and I can lift heavy things, work crazy shifts, but am willing to help whenever I can

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 25/01/2011 08:29  

ive been a photographer for the last 24 years - i cant see that being any help to anyone on here - plus everyones a photographer these days but for the last year ive been working in body repairs and paint spraying tanks - side pannels etc so if i can help in any way - just drop us an email or message (yes i am still newish at this job - but i have lernt alot in the last year and the few tanks and pannels i have done have been spot on with no complaints )

Update Reply
PHOTOGRAPHER1 @ 25/01/2011 09:43  

I will be giving metal polishing a go sometime soon, and paint striping, so if that's of any use to anyone let me know.

Update Reply
gatvol @ 25/01/2011 10:56  

City & Guilds 7621 PC Maintenance Levels 2 and 3 NOCN <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">National</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Open</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">College</st1:PlaceType> Network Networks and communications CA4/2/QQ/002 level 2 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> PC Networking CA4/2/QQ/003 level 2<o:p></o:p> Networked computer system CA4/2/QQ/001 level 2 <o:p> Networked Computer Systems CJ/816/2/022 level 2<o:p></o:p> Networks and communications CJ/816/2/023 level 2<o:p></o:p> Network Operating Systems Tools and Fault Finding<o:p></o:p> CJ/816/2/020 level 2<o:p></o:p> Network Protocols and Devices CJ/816/2/021 level 2<o:p></o:p> Windows NT4 Administration CP/816/2/010 level 2 <o:p></o:p> know a bit about puters and getting the mardy buggers to talk and share stuff with each other on networks ....drive hgvs as well (easy money erm usually) and very handy with a set of spanners ............... </o:p>

Update Reply
nellie @ 26/01/2011 00:07  

work for the local fire brigade (so free smoke alarms or advice on cfs if any body not too bored) been teaching outdoor ed for last 34 years, climbing/walking/mountainbikes/sailing/canoing/skiing so guess could advise on wearing waterproof coat if needed?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 26/01/2011 09:16  

Hi all
I own & run a Aquatic & pet centre so if you need any advice
or pond equipment (good discounts to members) give me a call.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/01/2011 10:35  

Spent a lot of my working life in the building trade in one form or another, not very usefull unless you're knocking your house about ! Qualified as a caravan service engineer a few years ago so can advise on any issues with the mobile chicanes Worked in the glassfibre laminating industry on & off for years so happy to help with glassfibre repairs, laminating, mold making & pattern work My main hobby for as long as i can remember has been bikes (no surprise there ) been biulding modifying & restoring them for 30 odd years so happy to help out with anything bike or trike related from frame building & mods to servicing or engine building, have a good knowlage of what parts fit what & how to it, so if you need advice on any sort of conversion for any reason ie disability, lowering a bike etc feel free to pm me Last thing.... used to be a DSA qualified instructor, not up to speed on the latest rules & regs but happy to give general pointers on all the stuff a newer rider may need to improve. Phew thats enough of that ... scoobs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/01/2011 12:24  

My degree is in Fashion Design and I worked as a senior ladies wear designer for many many years.

I am also a mum of 3 small children, makes me a great juggler!!!
and am now a hairdresser ( fits round the kids) and I also do Indian Head massage and nails

I can give advice on anything Fashion ,Sewing, hair and nails . Probably one for the girls lol Although I am qualified in wig making for the guy who asked !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/01/2011 12:56  

Wig making ? mmmmm

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/01/2011 13:10  

By day Im a Microwave engineer designing antennas and other high frequency components. If you need to intercept/hijack someones wireless broadband from across the street or the other end of your estate I can design antennas to do that. Also can design antennas for radar warning, covert antennas for spying on diplomats, the prime ministers communications...

By evening Im learning leatherwork, making tankards, band patches, soon to make guitar straps, bags and custom tooled bike seats. Im hoping to set myself up as a 'personal' business in my out of work time.

I also do electronic engineering and Im working on a silent bike alarm/GPS tracker. If your bike is moved, it will send you a text message, if it gets nicked you have a chance texting the bike tracker to request its location so you can go and rescue it. I know you can buy them, but you have to subscribe and they are very expensive. Im hoping to be able to undercut the currently available systems out there.

Oh, also handy at fixing/servicing bikes but Im not a pro, just hobby.

Update Reply
Hellraiser @ 26/01/2011 13:22  

that is some CV.....................

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 26/01/2011 13:37  

ps,do's that mean you can hijack my competitors?

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 26/01/2011 13:38  

Wow !!.. Respect, Hellraiser Electronics are still a bit of a black art to me. Slowly . . Very slowly . . . . getting there, what with all the electronics on modern vehicles, but would still prefer to have spanners & a micrometer in my hand.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 26/01/2011 14:57  

WOW Hellraiser. Brilliant. Handy man to know.

Yes Tony, I agree with you on that, but I do find computers and such facinating (even though I hate them at times). However I don't like all the computerized bits in modern vehicles.

Update Reply
gatvol @ 26/01/2011 16:33  

Mmmmm Hellraiser leather work !!!!

Let me know when you progress to making undies lol

Ill design them and you can make them, wow we will make a killing hehe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/01/2011 17:11  

I love this thread

You are all brilliant

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 26/01/2011 18:15  

tell me about ie Tony, i open safes, but also go out to vehicles to program new remotes, lost keys coded keys, you wouldnt believe how complicated it is, and how mant different type of transponder chips there are in modern car keys

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/01/2011 18:26  

i do wood work making games ect now but my dad is a true craft artist with leather not cloves but belts and holders the list is endless we are at the moment testing the new i-phones cases and soon be ready to sell but if anyone needs help starting or tips shoot me a mesige i will get back to u

Update Reply
shadowguyver @ 26/01/2011 18:27  

Ok good thread Free home fire safety advice ? pm me

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 26/01/2011 21:27  

I can type - fast and accurate.
also qualified in Indian head massage & Reflexology - not done any for a while but as long as yer feet ain't smelly I'll give it a go

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 26/01/2011 21:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email