MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

That first ride out

That first ride out - Forums [Biker Match] That first ride out - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

That first ride out

Well,yesterday I got my bike out for the first time in round-a-bout 4 months,due to my father being poorly,I did'nt/could'nt have my baby out.............not having the time!
anyways,albiet a little bit rusty on my riding skills and butterfly's in my tummy for the first 20minutes or so! I plodded along at a sensible speed.(70/75) took my first corner at 25 mph (lol)

second a little faster,third back up to speed,60/65 awesome,I felt amazing,the buzz had returned,so I had a little play,keeping most of my speed at legal limits.on controlled roads.wow,did I feel good!

oh yes,the baitch is back.......................

You know! the riding is living,feeling that rush.the wind circulating around you the sense of freedom............

It do's your stress levels a power of good,or atleast mine,

How do's it make you feel being on your bike?

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 24/01/2011 15:57  

At the moment? Cold I'd imagine lol. When it's warmer, and you get a lovely road, nothing better for clearing the mind and blowing the cobwebs away......... well, nothing I could post on here anyways

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/01/2011 16:11  

I had my first ride out in 5 months yesterday too , was still a bit nippy but not too bad, and I was just like you ,

Poor Mr P once I was back in the swing had my rendition of ' I feel good ! De ne ne ne ne ne na ... I knew that I would ...' being ' sung' across the intercom lol I am sure I heard him mutter something about wanting flat batteries lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/01/2011 16:13  

Good on yer BB yeah it sure does blow the cobwebs away and what a complete and utter blast Been out most weekends this winter except when we had the dreaded white stuff You know the old saying ......... If you want to know why a dog sticks his head out of a car window ...... ask a biker Happy riding to one and all and see you at the Rallies x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 24/01/2011 17:10  

I agree BB biking is the best form of meditation on earth. I've been riding all winter (just to work and short jaunts at weekends) except when the snow was being an arse. Even then as soon as it started to thaw I was out and got stopped by the cops because he thought I was 'suspicious'. Had my first decent blast for enjoyment today though and went to Scarborough. Now I've got that lovely ache in my hands from tendon abuse, my neck and shoulders ache, somehow managed to get sand in one boot and I've bought some fudge with a picture of Scarborough on the box. All is rosey in the garden and God is in his heaven.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 24/01/2011 18:12  

con ! you could have taken me I needed some rock badly

Update Reply
honda baby @ 24/01/2011 18:58  

I've got a stick of rock in my desk drawer, (probably out of date) from a Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction gig that says 'f**ked by Rock* through the middle. Got it free with a t-shirt.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 24/01/2011 19:09  

ooooooh nice

Update Reply
honda baby @ 24/01/2011 19:16  

scarborough and olivers mount ahhhhhh those were the days.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 24/01/2011 19:17  

Did Oliver have a stick of rock?

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 24/01/2011 19:30  

mount ollie and his rockin rock bump

Update Reply
honda baby @ 24/01/2011 19:49  

Yayyy ziggy lives!! might go for a little run out this aft

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/01/2011 13:24  

HB - love the "why the dog puts its head out of a car window" lol !!! been out on mine every day since the snow went and week end jaunts too, yesterday morning felt a little flat so cheered myself up by gatting the bike out and having a blast to, no where in particular but managed to clock up 40 miles of riding - no better feeling indeed (erhm..)

Update Reply
kazninja @ 25/01/2011 13:38  

Nice on Kaz! I've not been on mine since nov...so just gonna go local.. im a bit rusty lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/01/2011 13:41  

out on mine on 2nd january for the first time in 2 months - 300 yds and back in the groove! woooohoooooo - it was cold but who cares. since then its been parked up back in the lounge. gotta take it out next monday for its MOT then get its newly painted bits back on then ......yay summer here we come!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 25/01/2011 14:06  

yayy nice one kwakgirl Im bit nervous to be honest.. got butterflies..but will be ok..once ive got to the top of my street lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/01/2011 14:18  

Kaz you're right, no better feeling, I have to go to work at 6 o'clock in the morning. It's cold and dark but as soon as I get on my bike I forget about all that. I actually look forward to going to work. It's a good excuse to use my bike lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 14:24  

I was out Sunday too..... and will be out this Sunday...... hopefully

Update Reply
Geoffrey @ 25/01/2011 14:28  

Yayyyy just got back..had a good run up the by-passes and down some country lanes ..even got talking to a fellow biker at the petrol station, tho she was in her car!! she sed i was brave to be out! lol Bit of rain on the way back..lots of mud and diesel on the roads...but took it steady (apart from on the by-passes...lol) and came back with huge grin on my face Roll on the summer!

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/01/2011 16:03  

Just took mine out too, and yes Karey, the roads are slick with diesel & mud. But the worst thing was the Potholes!!! Still put a smile on me face though. Take care out there everyone, hitting a pothole at any speed wouold not be fun!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 18:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email