MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

A lucky escape

A lucky escape  - Forums [Biker Match] A lucky escape  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

A lucky escape

There i was minding my own business blatting down the M6 on the way home from visiting friends when suddenly directly in front of me a BMW (car) had a rear tyre blow out, i felt all the shrapnel hit me & slowed right down easily avoiding the car At this time i was thinking go steady, get off at the next junction & check for any damage as i didnt want to stop on the motorway, unfortunately i didnt get to do this as there was another sudden bang i lost power & started weaving all over the place What i think happened is the bits from the car tyre jammed in my chain, the result of this is its shattered the chain ajuster, ripped it clean out of the swingarm, punched the wheel spindle almost all the way through the arm, thrown the chain off & allowed the wheel to go sideways in the arm ....... at 60/70 mph Thank F*** the wheel didn't lock up or i dont think i'd be typing this now I'm home now, the bike is the best part of 100 miles away, its my only transport & i really dont care .... all i keep thinking is how the hell did i stay on that !!!! scoobs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 21:14  

(((((((Scoobs)))))) So glad you are safe

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 18/01/2011 21:18  

You lucky sonofa*!tch scoobs!! Good to hear you,re safe though

Update Reply
old red @ 18/01/2011 21:19  

Shit man, great your ok. Now get down to the newsagents and put the Lotto on !!

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 18/01/2011 21:20  

3 little words...... You Spawny Git !!! Sorry to hear about the bike Scoobs, glad you're O.K. (wanna buy some new undies?)

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 18/01/2011 21:23  

You are a lucky fella last year was the front that fell to bits on the M1 somebody watching over you scoobs

Update Reply
JP @ 18/01/2011 21:25  

JEEZ................ Glad you're ok though Can't quite decide if you are lucky or unlucky !!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 18/01/2011 21:34  

Thanks guys & girl ((group hug))
I got home safe thanks to a good mate, but now i've sat here thinking about it i'm actually shaking, after 30 odd years of riding year round i'm really thinking of giving up .... surely theres easier ways to die ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 21:37  

Just delayed shock mate !! Dutch fag an bucket of JD 'll sort it. Easier ways to die .. ... loads of 'em Not as much enjoyment though.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 18/01/2011 21:44  

You could always get a reliant robin

Update Reply
JP @ 18/01/2011 21:48  

OMG Scoobs, what a cat you are, how many lives have you got left now? It's sad about your bike but glad you're not injured, Tony's right tho it's probably delayed shock, adrenalin has worn off now. Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/01/2011 21:49  

As JP said--after the tyre incident on the M1 last year your guardian angel is doing a great job!!!.. Yeah scoob lots of easier ways to die, but the bike is also fun! Do me a favour scoob...PM me with 6 numbers will ya

Update Reply
old red @ 18/01/2011 21:52  

*gulp*...did you carry a spare pair of underpants?

Seriously, that sounds a real nasty experience and I feel for you. Years back I had a loose adjuster lock up the back wheel on an old Matchless, and that was bad enough at 40mph. I can barely imagine how you felt ...take GT's advice and repeat until the screaming abdabs have stopped

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/01/2011 22:21  

was it the yelow peril again scoobs? you're either very lucky or unlucky depending on you're point of view

Update Reply
yamahama @ 18/01/2011 22:50  

Glad your ok Soob's, the bike can be replaced. Ya lucky git.

Update Reply
Brathu @ 19/01/2011 23:20  

yup the yellow peril again yam got a better name for it now bit better not put it here lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/01/2011 23:21  

Good God Scoob,,,, You must have a Guardian Angel...

Thank god you are ok

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2011 00:16  

wow feckin nora you defo got guardian angel chuck.... i hope you are ok now as takes time to get over for sure .... i had similar years ago but was in car all traffic had come to total long tailback stop on dual carriageway and i was in outside lane... looked in mirror van behind not stoppin went straight in to back of me.... took me a while to get over.. bought first bike with the compo but im ok now just a lot more aware of how dangerous metal cages of all sizes are and can be.. but i was lucky live totally in the here an now an dont waste time on stuff dont make ya happy... lifes too short i say x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 23:42  

glad your ok brother...you see we will get to have that beer

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 23:45  

it's not all luck chap. You showed a lot of skill there. Be cool, calm for awhile then get back into things... Well done!

Update Reply
grendel @ 26/01/2011 00:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email