MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How to keep warm at a rally

How to keep warm at a rally - Forums [Biker Match] How to keep warm at a rally - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How to keep warm at a rally

Well guys rally season is almost upon us, but for those of you who can stand the cold it hasn't really stopped!!!

I love rallies but hate to be cold in my tent all night. I stay up as long as I can to avoid getting into the dam thing. Then I lay awake all night freezing!!!

My question is can anybody give me tips on how to keep warm without finding a hairy biker to share my bag lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 09:20  

Hot water bottle?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 12:34  

Snugpak code green sleeping bags, a bit pricey, but very warm, and they pack down extremely small.

Or you could try and sleep with your thermals on.

Update Reply
marsey @ 18/01/2011 12:43  

After several sessions of chemo' perhaps I could help Shaza?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 18/01/2011 12:54  

Set fire to your sleeping bag

Update Reply
JP @ 18/01/2011 13:07  

'ere 'ang on a minute jp, it was only an offer!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 18/01/2011 13:43  

Usually its not the air around you that gets you cold, but the ground. So use a thermal foam roll.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 18/01/2011 14:29  

wear a hat as well to stop the heat escaping from your head

Update Reply
drobess @ 18/01/2011 14:35  

I agree with DT, I put one of them picnic type blankets under my airbed, then a fleece blanket between airbed and sleeping bag. Make sure you have thick socks and spare pairs, nowt worse if your feet are cold and try and keep your head covered.. i usually curl up in a ball in my sleeping bag lol...or wear a hooded jumper or a hat Edit: didn't see Drobs post about a hat till I'd posted mine lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 18/01/2011 14:38  

After buying a new quilt, I now take the old with me....meltingly warm

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 18/01/2011 14:43  

Apparently sleeping naked keeps you warmer, something to do with air flow ............ erm .............. Squashy help !!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/01/2011 14:46  

Keep drinking till everything goes numb.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 15:00  

Keep drinking till everything goes numb...

And then sleep naked with your socks and hat and someone else.

Update Reply
gatvol @ 18/01/2011 15:35  

Thanks guys, will try all of the aboove, little confused as what jp has to do with things though

Next rally is in a chalet, so wont freeze, but you never know !!!!

Well you know what they say "Cold feet warm Hart"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 18:33  

Have a W**K !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 18:38  

@Karey

Tip fer yer.
When your body starts to cool down, the first things to 'get cold' are the non-vital organs, hands and feet being 2 of them.
SERIOUSLY, this works. Put 'sweatbands' (See Olivia Newton-John) on your wrists and ankles, they are usually the thinnest parts on most people where the blood is closest to the skin. Keep those bits warm and the the rest is easy.
Used this technique, if you can call it that for 2 and half years despatching all over the UK and never once got cold.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 18/01/2011 19:01  

Why waste money on stuff for under your sleeping bag just put a few layers or old cardboard under your bed works great, then bin it save taking it home. 2 million homeless cant be wrong ?

Update Reply
JP @ 18/01/2011 19:08  

as Bj says.....sleeping naked does help, it makes yr sleeping bag work its magic..........i have tried it, almost (usually have me undies and hat on as well, cant go completely naked, need to be prepared incase of an emergancy, dont wanna traumatise any1 )

Update Reply
drobess @ 18/01/2011 19:09  

@ Dyna.. yep, I've heard that too, also in the summer, run cold water the inside of your wrists, cools you down @ Jp.. you could be right there... but.. you can't allas find a 15tog cardboard box when you need one Re: naked sleeping.. 2008, East Leeds Lions - thick snow all weekend, I did it! and i wasn't cold, but i did have my bf at the time to keep me warm, all 6ft3in of cuddly scotsman

Update Reply
Karey @ 18/01/2011 19:14  

Lol, winter and summer are the same ooop here

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 18/01/2011 19:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email