MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Music while riding?

Music while riding? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Music while riding? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Music while riding?

When i was with my ex we had auto com so i used my i pod mostly listening to fleetwood mac on long journeys Trouble was i had to sing and he complained it drowned out the sat nav

Update Reply
honda baby @ 18/01/2011 18:41  

I think it could be quite good on a long run, across France, to take away the monoteny, but normal riding the only sound track i need is the the twin race cans playing wake up the neigbours...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 21:17  

@ DynaToon- The point I was trying to put across Is a lot of bikers say it's wrong to ride a bike whilst listening to music in case they get distracted, but I wonder how many of same bikers listen to music whilst driving their car.

Anyway

It will not be long before before you will get three points for listening to music in a motor vehicle , six points for talking to a passenger, and if you combine either of the aforementioned with a heavy cold a 12 month ban.

Update Reply
marsey @ 19/01/2011 10:02  

Yeah I get that.
But I wouldn't dream of listening to music on my bike for that same reason, but I would in a car/truck.
With a Bike, you have far more going on than in a car and obviously more to lose.
If that makes me a hypocrite, then so be it.

Isn't the whole point of biking to get 'away' from all that anyway?

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 19/01/2011 16:25  

i have to walk or bus everywhere (no choice at mo) so,, i use an ipod,, at a bus stop on your own nothing better than "rock the casbah" plus it saves having to listen to the dreadfull inane drivel of passengers on the bus,, when on a bike i like to look and listen to the wonderfull surroundings,,like somebody else said ,,isnt getting away from it all the reason for biking in the first place? be safe and leave the ipod at home.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 19/01/2011 17:31  

Bless ' yer boody , a quote from me xxxx

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 19/01/2011 17:33  

i would ride fast. At the moment i am looking at using headphones instead of earplugs so...."waiting for speeding tickets"

Update Reply
mungybear @ 19/01/2011 19:24  

Have a system set up so can put me ipod on and use it on long runs.

I don't tend to use it in town though and put my fave songs on it to whatever mood I'm in.

If you do a tour abroad you can't beat some good tunes and new roads. To my dying day one of the best moments of my life was heading up into the first hair pins of Grindlewald pass in the Alps when wheels of steel, Saxon came on

Just magic

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/01/2011 23:57  

I don't think I would listen to music whilst riding - I'd get too distracted. I don't really think its a good idea.

Update Reply
gatvol @ 20/01/2011 00:05  

Put the ipod through the starcom. It's good for motorway or boring rides (i.e. in a straightline) as it takes away the tedium and keeps me alert. genesis, beatles, ELO or rock compilations normally do it for me.

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 25/01/2011 17:49  

Never had a go with music while am riding,there my race can will drown out any music

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 19:53  

I seem to be the odd one out (again lol) i love my music when riding, use a system from hinze gerrick (or somat) small amp to plug in the mp3 or Ipod and speakers on the front and its clear for up to 80ish, can still hear the bike and whats around me coz i use open face lid. so when you see me with music on loud and singing at the top of my voice, remember i'm having fun lol

Update Reply
petervalk @ 25/01/2011 20:36  

Id like to but I'd be dead within a week. I wouldnt giving 100% of my brain to riding.

Update Reply
Hellraiser @ 25/01/2011 23:37  

I prefer listening to music thru my autocom on longer rides (esp motorways). If I use it thru towns i look a right d*&k singing along. I also have it at a level where i can listen to the engine and the music and also feel that it does not affect my concentration levels. There are too many idiots on the roads to keep my concentration up.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 23:55  

200 watt amp under seat, phone to 3.5mm jack in phone holder suction cupped on screen, and 2 , 6inch mylar marine speakers housed in empty bates headlights mounted on bars.it is Loud and can feel a bit of a "look at me" at crossing lights etc, butI find it much safer than headphones. think of it in the same way as driving a car with headphones, and riding bike is the same, but this way I can also perceive the world around me too.

Update Reply
Harleyphernalia @ 06/02/2011 22:31  

I just love to hear the sound of the engine sucking air and popping through the exhuste on down shifts .... used to have a helmet intercome so we could talk while ridding but only ever listened to music once and could not get on with it on the bike (when you speak the music gose off) so i stick to music while im driving ..

Update Reply
neil1340hd @ 06/02/2011 23:18  

listen to music loads while riding,either through garmin satnav,or raido through mi phone.can hear engine fine and no problem in heavy traffic riding to work and back.

Update Reply
laimdan @ 07/02/2011 00:18  

I use zumo and bluetooth while on boring motorways, but up in Scotland going down gravel roads with grass in the middle and stones pinging up all the time I was slowing down, turn up volume drown out pinging lets get going

Update Reply
harry worth @ 10/02/2011 20:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email