MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride of Respect- Wootton Bassett 03/04/11

Ride of Respect- Wootton Bassett 03/04/11 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Ride of Respect- Wootton Bassett 03/04/11 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride of Respect- Wootton Bassett 03/04/11

I was surprised at how emotional I felt,and that was on the route to wooton bassett! So many people turned out along the route to wave and fly flags but the one that sticks in my mind was a simple hand painted sign that said "welcome to wooton bassett and thanks" It seems a lot better organised this year,we were at the airfield for a couple of hours last year but it was great to walk around all the bikes and trikes admiring them and laughing at the harleys lol

Update Reply
pondlife @ 01/04/2011 04:27  

I am really looking forward to this weekend.... its a long haul down , but well worth it... I will be travelling down on sat , staying overnight and then after slot on sunday will be heading back up the road... Over 800 miles but as I said well worth it :) Safe riding to anyone out on thier bikes this weekend ((((((( xxxx))))))))))

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2011 08:43  

Good on ya Star staff... Gotta show some support for our boys, sad though most of them are only boys now... Looking forward to sun n doing my bit...:-))

Update Reply
fogster @ 01/04/2011 14:26  

Glad it was better organised this year ...last year was looooong old wait had 10am slot and finally got going at 3.30pm

Update Reply
jabecs @ 03/04/2011 20:17  

Yes it was better sorted, getting bikes into clearly defined blocks. The rain just about held off "for me anyway" How did they run out of flags so early, It looked like it was only the first block that got any. Good day hope everyone got back safely.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 03/04/2011 20:48  

What a amazing day..! The previous comments about it being emotional were so so true the whole route full of people young n old with banners , n flags, n hand shakes awesome hits home all the madness going on in the world at the mo... Big respect n thank you's to all of our armed forces...!!!

Update Reply
fogster @ 03/04/2011 21:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email