MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Camping, tents stuff

Camping, tents stuff (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Camping, tents stuff (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Camping, tents stuff

Buying extra pole sections is a good idea although my tape repair has lasted 3 weeks now without a problem. When I bought a new (second hand!) pole section for my Khyam biker I had to cut the new pole's length down using a junior hacksaw to the correct length. Tent manufacturers seem to use so many different diameters and pole lengths. If you wish to pick up a couple of spare pole sections don't forget to take your tent poles with you to the shop. I had to go through an entire boxful of second hand poles at Jacksons of Arley and the only one that fit my poles was too long hence the need to cut it down to the correct length. The elastic that's threaded through the poles comes in different thicknesses too, so ensure the diameter of the hole in the centre of the pole for the elastic tape, is the same (or larger!) on the 'new' pole. I never enquired about buying new Khyam spare pole sections as I expected them to be a rip-off pricewise (definitely more than the £1 I paid for the second hand one!) but I don't know?

Update Reply
Rattay @ 10/08/2011 09:59  

I checked out new spare bedroom pole sections for the Khyam tents and online price including delivery are £4.80 per single pole. Not too bad if you don't have a camp shop nearby with the price of fuel to get there added, or you don't want to do a bit of bodging on a second hand one if they don't have the exact length pole required! I live about 3 miles away from a camp shop and do like mooching around in them checking on latest gadgets etc. I didn't check but I assume the postage would lower the price overall if you bought more than one pole online.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 10/08/2011 12:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email