MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

"you shouldn't eat that its bad for you..."

"you shouldn't eat that its bad for you..." - Forums [Biker Match] "you shouldn't eat that its bad for you..." - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

"you shouldn't eat that its bad for you..."

Have been having very bad toothache since Thursday, so finally decided to go to the emergency dental hospital on Monday.... after a 3 hour sit they proceded to numb my face and remove my tooth. I then went straight back to work and could only think of one thing EATING CHOCOLATE... as I'm sitting chewing on a square of cadburys, out of the corner of my mouth, with my head tilted, the Secretaries whom I work with started shouting at me "you shouldn't eat that, thats what caused your toothache in the first place" Got me to thinking has anyone else been told you shouldn't eat that cause its bad for you and have gone on to eat it anyway?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 19:59  

Seems everything I enjoy eating is bad for me lol. Someone once told me that the worse thing for your teeth are polo mints, haven't a clue why

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 22/12/2010 20:13  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->I'll eat anything, dont care if its bad for me or not, except for Brussel sprouts now they are the food of the devil

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 22/12/2010 20:24  

ive been told dont eat those hot chillis, and the next mornin wished i had listened

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 20:31  

I agree with wheelbarrow but he missed out asparagus as being the other food of the devil!

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 22/12/2010 20:40  

polo mints are bad, along with other mints, cos you tend to "store" them for as long as you can between your gums and your teeth, therefore creating cavities along the cervical margins on the buccal surfaces of mainly posterior teeth!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 20:40  

Flippin heck littlechick lol.... thanks for that though (you aint a dentist are ya?)

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 22/12/2010 20:42  

Notice the scrubs, notice the background!!!! lol I've been to Dental School and know me teef

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 20:45  

Littlechick I know me teef to thay watch me sleep every night

Update Reply
JP @ 22/12/2010 20:49  

lol get ur free dental advice here!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 20:56  

I was once told not to eat yellow snow

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 22/12/2010 22:01  

okay then littlechick, heres one for you.
dentists recommend flossing so i do it at least once a week and a couple of weeks a go it knocked a tiny chunk from the base of one of my front teeth. how is that good for my teeth? lol

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 22/12/2010 23:07  

did you have a filling there originally? I suspect your front teeth are filled to some extent, the floss would have dislodged a filling that was either loose or needed replacing, flossing is good, it helps prevent halitosis. flossing cannot fracture healthy teeth, so your teeth are compromised, are they not????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 23:19  

nope, it was right down on the gumline, on the bottom set, front right hand incisor, i brush twice a day, have plenty of calcium in my diet, very little sugar or fruit, i don't smoke and floss with a thread which claims to be from the same family of fibers as kevlar. lol.
though i admit that i haven't seen my dentist since i was in school and my teeth have probably suffered accordingly. lol.

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 23/12/2010 14:43  

i have been a good boy then littlechick as i cleaned my teeth 2 times a day and have perfect nashers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/12/2010 15:06  

Whenever I used to step into the works canteen for a bacon sarnie, 1 of my colleagues would invariably say "Oi! You'll get fat!"

Swiftly followed by "Oooops! Too late!"

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 23/12/2010 15:27  

I keep using candy floss to 'floss' with but it doesn't seem to have the required effect - Just turns my teeth brown! Explain please?

Update Reply
Rattay @ 23/12/2010 15:39  

never trust a dentist, or anyone who can dope you up just for the hell of it lol.
i'll dope myself up thank you very much. lol

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 24/12/2010 09:31  

..has anyone else been told you shouldn't eat that cause its bad for you and have gone on to eat it anyway? Mm not so much 'told', I've got I B S so I try to avoid certain foods such as spicy stuff and I shouldn't eat chocolate, cos they aggravate it. Docs reckon those with I B S shouldn't eliminate too much from their diets as they also eliminate the good things. We can't win. I was going to my sister's for Christmas dinner but she's developed toothache and has to go to the dentist, she's terrified of dentists, she needs sedating just to sit in the waiting room. As she is so terrified she will probably have to go to the hospital to be treated. Aww bless. BTW, flossing should be done EVERY DAY. It's not just the amount of times you brush/floss but *HOW you do it, I discovered I hadn't been flossing properly for many years, until this new dentist showed me how. Now I'm plaque-free and rarely have fillings but due to my age my gums are receeding. Grr to getting older lol I chew sugar-free gum a lot and I believe that has helped keep my teeth clean too. *don't scrub at your gums cos they are delicate. Gentle pressure should be enough.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/12/2010 09:46  

Yes, gums can get a bit neglected,then they bleed and get neglected even more cos people think they're brushing them too much!! The more you brush, the less they bleed!!.Many people get a build up of tartar,even though they brush quite adequately, this is because the make up of their saliva is such that their teeth fur up like scale at the bottom of a kettle.Quite often these people do not have much active decay due to the alkaline content of the saliva."Acidic" people err on the side of cavities, but have little or no build up of tartar,this is a generalisation as many of us have a balance of acid and alkaline and have cavities and tartar. Your immune system also plays a huge part in oral health and chronic infections can suddenly erupt at times of stress e.g holidays, christmas etc. AUG ( acute ulcerative gingivitis) is the bane of many a stressed student and can have a catastrophic effect on bone levels, the patient dribbles, cannot talk much and has a general malaise ( not to be mistaken with excess alcohol intake lol ) A swab taken at this time will show 'orrible crawly bugs!! and must be treated with specific antibiotics. I could go on but i'm boring myself!!! lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2010 11:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email