MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

RIP the Random Rant Thread...

RIP the Random Rant Thread... - Forums [Biker Match] RIP the Random Rant Thread... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

RIP the Random Rant Thread...

What the?!

There was I, all set for an enjoyable rant & it's locked! Always did say this site was run by a bunch of rum coves & no mistake.

Now I have 2 things to rant about and nowhere to rant!

I've obviously been away too long...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/12/2010 15:02  

Go on WB Rant away, You've been temporarily reinstated and i've missed your input. Fill yer boots girl

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 16:02  

Well of course, now I can't remember what I wanted to rant about in the first place - d'oh!

Hope life's treating you well LC?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/12/2010 16:25  

how about this one then.....a council official who shall remain nameless has requested my attendance at a meeting tomorrow, prob is the useless bugger only asked me today! and no I havent done anything wrong! arrrrrghhh

Update Reply
julie j @ 22/12/2010 16:29  

It's lovely to have you back Lou, albeit breifly.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 22/12/2010 16:30  

Oh yeah! I remember now... Today's random rant is on the subject of 6, count 'em - SIX - fake 'job offers' on one of my email accounts.

If you ever have cause to lodge yer details with any online job searching places, whatever else you do, set up a junk mail account, cos as far as I can see, that's all they're good for! Silly sods can't even string a sentence together in coherent English anyway, so I doubt the spamming is ever successful for them... Although, it does get a bit desperate when you've sent off a couple of hundred applications and only received 1 acknowledgment *rolls eyes*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/12/2010 16:31  

Aw cheers Roachy

We'll see how the sparkly empire goes in 2011... along with the little part time job... gotta get a few debt collectors off my back first, but I'm hoping for rather better cash flow next year.

& now I have heating! Woooohooooooo! For the first time in 14 months, I have access to hot water at the mere flick of a tap. Check me out! 21st century living or what?!

(Plus another debt round my neck *ahem* )

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/12/2010 16:35  

Well enough ta! Thought the feller from Pitlochry may have put in an appearance to pep up the proceedings, TC wasn't it? You two always kept the forums entertaining, a veritable cornucopia of meritable mirth .........now then.....about those rants

1/

2/

there you go

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 16:39  

How about no job, no money, no Christmas spirit and the only prezzie i will get this year is this temporary upgrade. Got 6 mince pies off a neighbour with a card so i just ate them all (except the card) and feel a bit better now haha!

Update Reply
Shazza75 @ 22/12/2010 16:41  

Have you a website for your sparklies WB? i'm a sparkly kinda gal

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 16:44  

Ah! The #2 rant was in respect of those rum coves killing off the random rant thread! Can't believe nobody's had a rant since June? What are you people like?!

I'm months behind with updating my website *sacks self*... spent a solid week or so making new pages for it... but never quite got round to taking & uploading the hundreds of new photos I need so I can stock the new shop pages! Better have a 3rd rant at myself!

I'll PM you with the address anyway

Hang in there Shazza! One day, you too could have a part time job... at which you'll earn the equivalent of a month's worth of JSA... so you can't get JSA any more, but you're having to shell out an extra 60 quid a month in fuel to get to work

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/12/2010 16:51  

I've just enabled mesel fur ya WB. Thanks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 17:02  

Aha! I didn't even notice you were un-enabled... I don't think we're allowed to call folk disabled these days are we?!

I hit the "Send PM" button on your post, so hope it worked.

Julie... Name & shame! Then we can email him/her & call them a plonker for you

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/12/2010 17:06  

pmsl it did! limps off!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 17:09  

Thanks WB, hopefully it will get better but hows this for DWP stupidity...... In September i went for an interview and had to travel 140 miles round trip to the head office, was told by the jobcentre they would pay travel expenses but had to claim afterwards so i borrowed the fuel money to get there. Next day i went in with my reciept to claim the expenses and was told i had to put in a claim BEFORE going to the interview so i was £40 out of pocket! Next week i was offered the job i'd gone to the interview for - FT as well and best paid job i'd ever had, i was so chuffed after 2 years unemployed. I had to work at another store for 2 weeks job training and it was monthly paid so i had to cover fuel for a 110 mile a day round trip for the first two weeks, then 50 miles a day to regular place for next 2 weeks before i got paid. Told JC i'd been offered the job and they said all my money would stop immediately the day i started training so WTF did they think i would live on for 4 weeks, let alone the fuel money i needed to get to work for 4 weeks. Needless to say i had to turn the job down as i couldn't even get a loan after so long unemployed.

Update Reply
Shazza75 @ 22/12/2010 17:40  

I don't do random

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 22/12/2010 17:51  

oooh Shazza I feel for you. I managed to escape the dwp clutches in Sept. They seem determined to keep you in a bad place...their rules are so lacking in logic. I took a poor paid job locally but it's a trillion times better than the jobcentre. Poor paid leads me onto my rant...bloody teenagers, hormones and slammed doors. One of my darlings slammed the oven door so hard 3 weeks ago the glass smashed. £196 for a replacement door but it STILL hasn't come so I don't think I'll be able to cook xmas dinner ggrrrrrrr

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 22/12/2010 18:12  

Oh yes shazza, I know that feeling well ...... got a well paid job in South Wales all by myself without any help from the "job" centre after 2 years unemployed, so had to move from the NE

Needed the money for a deposit on a rental as well as taking furniture etc down there.

Did they help out? did they shite!!!

Same when I moved from South Wales to Rugby, it was only with good mates help I was able to do it. No loans as I had now got a job, despite I was in a good position to pay it back quickly.

The only thing they helped out with was the job interview scheme which you fell foul of, but because I was applying for jobs all over the country and getting interviews there was a limit on how much I could clam in total, sorry for trying to get a job and not sponging

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 18:23  

If this is the new randon rant thread, well here goes....... To start it all off i crashed the car on some black ice on the way into work on Sunday, because i was trying to get to work when i really shouldn't have tried, but felt comitted to do so, while knowing full well my boss probably wouldn't appreciate it....... I was right, he didn't even ask if i was ok, or how bad the car was Tonight i've had a phone call asking "when" i was expected back, bearing in mind i work about a 40min drive on dry summer days, not on snow covered roads which took me an hour and half and 2 & half hours to get home, It seems he expects me to hire a car at £300 (which i can't really afford at the mo) so i can be there either that or walk which takes about an hour to get to the train station then spend a further 2 and half hours on the train and another half hour to the job.... He's having a f g laugh.... all this for a pitance of pay and no graditude i actually tried to make it in on sunday thus smacking my car up, a new job in the new year forsure, my opinion of this one has changed dramatically in the last week

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2010 19:15  

Sounds about par for the DWP course Shazza!

I've been trying to tell them for the past 6 weeks that I've started a part time job... 1st time "Leave it til next time - we can't really deal with that on a 'Back to work session' " Eh?!

2nd time... I arrive at the JC just as they are locking the door "Oh we're not doing signing on today, as there aren't enough staff members to cover it on account of the bad weather" WTF?! This was 4 days AFTER the initial snow fall - all buses & trains were running, all main roads were clear. Pathetic!

3rd time... I'm treated like a naughty school child because I'm late for signing on... The reason I'm late is because I've been at work! Then they tried to have a go at me for "not informing them" I've started working part time!

I really don't understand why they pull the plug immediately you find work... Even if it was a loan that you paid back, it'd get you off the jobless list, which, one imagines is what they want?

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare Blade! Good luck with the hunt for a new job... Try to hang in there til you find one - it's much easier to convince a potential employer that you're a good bet if you're already working

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/12/2010 22:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email