MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

winter rebuild

winter rebuild - Forums [Biker Match] winter rebuild - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

winter rebuild

The winter build wasnt going that well

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 12/12/2010 18:55  

wish my garage was heated started rebuild today my take more than six pack though any tips for a sucsessfull winter build gladly taken ? ill try and put up a during then after watch this space you can nag me when i havnt finnished it

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 12/12/2010 19:46  

Lots of coffee and jaffa cakes. Take lots of piccies of the strip so you know how it all goes back together. Bag and label all you bolts If your having the frame coated, get some taps to clean out the threads

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 12/12/2010 21:45  

frame coated i aint going that far blues just a tart up im afraid fairing tank etc then fettle owt that needs it but photos and bag boltz a good idea mate cheers

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 12/12/2010 22:07  

you could try getting a greenhouse heater to help take the chill out of the air

Update Reply
yamahaman65 @ 20/12/2010 15:49  

Green house heater are you mad front room then tea coffee and butties makes the job much more fun

Update Reply
JP @ 20/12/2010 16:04  

lol I did spray it up in the front room jp nice and warm but certain some one was not impressed on there return home lol woops looks good though

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 20/12/2010 18:33  

I dunno if your doing anything this serious to it Neal, but if anyone ever has to take a side casing, or similar, off their bike, you'll probably find a couple of dozen differant bolt lengths. Make a rough outline/drawing of the casing on a bit of cardboard and push the bolts thru as you take em out. It saves a lot of hassle putting things back together later on.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 20/12/2010 19:01  

Spraying in the front room not tryed that yet, Im lucky live alone so I can use the dishwasher as parts washer lol

Update Reply
JP @ 20/12/2010 19:16  

Spraying in the front room not tryed that yet, Im lucky live alone so I can use the dishwasher as parts washer lol

Update Reply
JP @ 20/12/2010 19:16  

Liking JP's front room idea... knock down the dividing wall to the dining room and you pretty much got a great workshop with tv and sofa for those relaxing moments, spent surveying your work... well........ spent looking at the empty beer can sculpture

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 20/12/2010 19:36  

have thought about making lounge the garage do you Di would mind lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 20/12/2010 20:50  

think she'd kill you Nealy lol !!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 20/12/2010 20:55  

its taking shape though much coffee in front of fire dose work wonders

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 20/12/2010 20:56  

Got a mate in Wales who put in patio doors in his front room, so he could get his bikes in ... now complete with bike lift, he lives in the kitchen, as he presently has 2 bikes in the living room/workshop.

Guess what? he lives on his own!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/12/2010 21:35  

I known people like that too SF Can't fault 'em

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 20/12/2010 21:50  

I've got two sets of sliding patio doors... always fancied a room as a 'toy room'

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 20/12/2010 22:18  

The main pic' is me in my dining room SF, the second pic' in my extras, the bike was in my dining room. Had to put it the garage though needed a table after my accident, but OK now.
Put the table upstairs replaced it with a smaller coffee table (V8 flathead Ford!), now the bike can come out of the garage.

Ummmm, there's only me and my dog.
Why?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 21/12/2010 13:38  

LTGTR - because you haven't found the right one! Glad to hear bike's back out of the cold garage!!

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 21/12/2010 15:19  

in medeval time's the cattle would be in the base of dwelling the people would live above them to keep warm !! the advent of heating systems has given the wimen rites to rule over what go's where !! "the voices in my head made me say it "

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 21/12/2010 17:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email