MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

New careers

New careers - Forums [Biker Match] New careers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

New careers

Hi all, been off for a while doing a Close Protection officers course in Cape town ( beautiful but dangerous place). This week I hang up my green beret and combat boots after 22 years in the Royal marines....what a strange feeling, its like leaving your family... ....but as they say all things must change and evolve...... .....Its been a great life to have seen so much of the world and done so much 3 wars, 6 or 7 Irelands and god knows how many exercises in so many different countries..... I've seen so much good and bad in this world, but just as you think god has abandoned us a random act of kindness in the most bizarre of places renews your faith in humanity and it comes in all shapes and forms...... .....but it has always been a privilage to serve my country and to walk and sometimes carry and be carried by my brothers. ......It is always and will always be my privilage to have known and to have served with real heroes (RIP lads see you in the final RV) Well waiting now for my SIA license and then we'll see what replies I get, maybe back to the sand box or in a suit well see what the Close Protection World has in store for me and maybe be away in a week or so. Just want to say have a good Christmas and happy newyear if I don't get a chance to talk to anyone have a good one and all John

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/12/2010 16:34  

Same to you john best of luck with the new caree,r have a great xmas and new year yourself hope to see you at a meet soon john

Update Reply
JP @ 07/12/2010 16:40  

Best of luck hun, you are a great guy and we will miss you!!! Just make sure you come back safe and sound. xxxxxx

Update Reply
VFRbabe @ 07/12/2010 18:25  

Grab the opportunities as they come :> A new life and new fun to be found. It might not be easy but good luck and don't look back

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 07/12/2010 18:57  

Congrats John ....sure we will see you round at the odd rally tho ..... Or should I say thats an order lol

Update Reply
jabecs @ 07/12/2010 20:00  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->All the best to you in your new career, and a BIG THANKYOU for the service you have given the country, without our forces where would we be now.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 07/12/2010 20:44  

Can't give enough respect to the RMs', probably the best "Elite" fighting force in the world.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/12/2010 20:52  

All the best to you in your new career John and have a great Christmas and new year

Update Reply
willi.p @ 07/12/2010 21:20  

I know our lives wouldnt be like they are if it wasn't for our Forces, my respect goes out to you and your ex-colleagues, thanks for keeping us safe... as for you personally, best of luck with your new life, new career, and future and wish you the very best of luck, because nice peeps like you deserve the very best, love Nut xxx

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 07/12/2010 22:18  

Hi there 'pinger' can't believe it's here for you already!!!! There must be a raft of emotions raising their heads for you. I wish you all the luck in the world with this next chapter in your intersting life. Stay safe and most importantly enjoy yourself lovie. Hope we manage a rematch of the pinging kind one day massive big Katie xx

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 07/12/2010 22:23  

Cheers guys n gals your best wishes for the future are most appreciated and returned to you all also

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2010 00:10  

All the very best utmost respect from me

Update Reply
mr t @ 08/12/2010 08:49  

best of luck john. huge change leaving the forces.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2010 14:45  

All the very best John. Keep in touch wherever you may be. I know its difficult and a bit frightening leaving the forces family but you've a whole new exciting future ahead, and i hope its everything you want it to be. See you at some rallies next year, thats an order! DC x

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 08/12/2010 15:02  

Don't worry about that DC I won't give up biking even if I'm in suit looking after a businessman or other, the cut off denim will be in my kit bag waiting for a chance even if its a hire bike lol......... 4 wheels is getting there in the traffic rush.....2 wheels is just in the blood.....and staying, you'll be seeing me at the rallys lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2010 20:09  

as a former Pads Brat I know what you mean John & knowing you the way I do I am sure that you will adapt no matter what you do ...

its scary starting a new career no matter what it is ... especially at your age

***runs away quickly & hides***

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/12/2010 20:56  

aaawwwwch, pull the claws out slowly lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/12/2010 11:38  

best of luck johnny am sure youre the kind of person that will get on and find a way recon you could get along in in any walk of life

Update Reply
laimdan @ 09/12/2010 13:05  

Hi again all,

I'd like to thank you all for the words of support and all the PM's. Seriously guys no thanks for my service is required, it has been fun and a privilege to serve the country, it's good to see so many people proud of their armed forces and the country so thankyou to you all for being the backbone for us in the forces makes it all worth while and any sacrifice easier knowing there are still decent and proud people behind us at home. So cheers to you all

Jb soon to be Mr Jb lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/12/2010 16:47  

Good luck john,hope all goes well for you, Alex

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 11/12/2010 20:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email