MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Heated Grips

Heated Grips - Forums [Biker Match] Heated Grips - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Heated Grips

Essential item or are they for wussies?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/12/2010 23:54  

For winter they are a must or if you have Artitis or some other type of joint or circulation problem......why be in pain.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 03/12/2010 00:03  

I used to think they were for wussies, since I bought my new bike (which has them) I have changed my mind, my pinkies are all aglow whilst riding in this weather. Now where is that plug in riding suit.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/12/2010 00:08  

Wouldn't be without them now they work better with handguards though which are standard on mine I have just obtained a kit to make a diy heated jacket for 25 quid too not got around to finishing it yet but will report back BT

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 03/12/2010 00:12  

i think my idea works best, dont ride the bike in winter

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 03/12/2010 01:52  

If i rode a sports bike i might have a different view

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 03/12/2010 02:02  

i like BB's idea best! all over warmth!!

riden through the winters in the past, no prizes at the end of the day, just a salt eaten bike/trike. why do it?!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/12/2010 05:58  

Yep gotta agree here, why take the chance of binning your pride and joy winter riding, stuff that when i was a lot younger and couldn't afford a car aswell as a bike i rode through winter, and all i got was cold, wet and a bent bike, No thanks I'll let the car take me to work and back untill it's warmer, dryer and less salt encrusted... so probaly about July then

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/12/2010 22:10  

Hi all, if anyone's interested I have 6 sets of Oxford Heated Grips for sale. They're the latest 2010/2011 model and they retail for £80. I'm doing them for £55 delivered. (new) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ite...:MESELX:IT Cheers ;-)

Update Reply
James_P @ 09/12/2010 17:51  

i got the new oxford sports heated grips an dont think much of em wish i had got the doctor bike ones ive used before on other bikes ,just as hot or hotter,more controlable and easyer to control spesh with gloves on and less than half the price of the oxford ones think the oxford ones are a rip off Dr Bike ones about 25 quid from JnS

Update Reply
laimdan @ 09/12/2010 20:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email