MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Donington back on the WSB calendar for 2011

Donington back on the WSB calendar for 2011 - Forums [Biker Match] Donington back on the WSB calendar for 2011 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Donington back on the WSB calendar for 2011

From MCN: British race fans will get two chances to see their WSB heroes in 2011 following the announcement that Donington Park will host the second round of the World Superbike Championship on March 25th to 27th. Donington Park last hosted a round of the championship in 2009 where American Ben Spies won both races on his way to claiming the title. With at least five British riders confirmed to race in WSB next season securing another round in the UK is a necessary and logical step. Kevin Wheatcroft, chairman of the re-instated Donington Park Racing Limited, is delighted to re-establish Donington Park as a world motorcycle venue. “It was always my father’s dream and since his death at the end of last year, I always wanted to provide a world class event in his memory.” Paolo Flammini, CEO of Infront Motor Sports, official promoter of the FIM Superbike World Championship, commented: “We are extremely pleased to bring SBK back to Donington Park for the European Round of the Championship. "The Leicestershire circuit is where the Championship began its history 23 years ago and has hosted many successful rounds of our series over the years. Thanks to the presence of many competitive British riders both in the Superbike and Supersport classes, we are sure that the 2011 event will attract many fans and will be a huge success”.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 15/11/2010 18:45  

Good one. Can't wait

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2010 19:20  

How did you find out lol, Come on the pocket rocket

Update Reply
SPESH @ 15/11/2010 20:49  

That's great news! Particularly since Donington is easily reachable for us Geographically challenged people up in Scotland.
This is now also on the WSB site but got in there and booked my hotel before they realise and put up their prices. Something to look forward to now

Update Reply
T101 @ 16/11/2010 11:05  

cool as just down the road from me !

Update Reply
Ninja Lou @ 16/11/2010 20:44  

Nice one. Good to see it back on the calendar. They just need to invest in a big umbrella or a roof for it now. lol

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 17/11/2010 23:28  

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=...ewsid=7118

Update Reply
ayjay @ 21/01/2011 22:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email