MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Brass Monkey Run for Rainbows Jan 2nd 2011

Brass Monkey Run for Rainbows Jan 2nd 2011 (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Brass Monkey Run for Rainbows Jan 2nd 2011 (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Brass Monkey Run for Rainbows Jan 2nd 2011

Thanks Wills.....not a nice piece of news to end such a fine day on.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 02/01/2011 20:45  

the maroon gsx750f sounds like roses as i got it for her, hope her friend if it is her friend is ok

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2011 21:13  

Gonna echo the thoughts above and hope the downed rider has a speedy recovery. Had a stunning day and have a huge grin. Great to see everyone, especially sparring partners from the games on here. December has been a busy one meeting up with you guys so more of the same for 2011, please. Well done Kaz, first of many!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2011 23:50  

My sentiments entirely ! Was a great day and wish i'd known who you all were ! the only ones i recognised was sunset, redzed and yamahama ! because i'd met them before Brilliant turn out and can't wait for the chance to meet you all again

Update Reply
honda baby @ 03/01/2011 00:50  

bless u ron :-) had a lovely ride out - nose just thawded too lol ! hope busa gent is ok ((()))

Update Reply
kazninja @ 03/01/2011 08:25  

Below is a "cut and paste" out of an email received from the Vic. Thought that everbody who attended would like to know the outcome !!!! The Brass Monkey run on Jan 2nd 2011 raised a staggering £600 for Rainbows Children’s Hospice in 2 hours through pure BIKERPOWER.THE 17TH BRASS MONKEY RUN arguebly the UKs first recognised Biker event of the year, the Car Park was solid with bikes travelling from as far away as Luton that we know of, with a slightly changed route from previous years, bikers were very pleased with the change towards the end of the Charnwood Forest tour, to be greeted by a 50 gallon roaring binfire in the just above freezing conditions and hot soup and bread gratis of The Vic. I think that's a congratulations all round guys !!!!

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 04/01/2011 00:50  

Thanks Scorpio that's brilliant and a good day had by all i think x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 04/01/2011 12:39  

Aaaah thats brill - I even had soft toys in the top box ready to hand over - but hey ho lol !!! Was good to meet up again- some new faces and some known ones xx Cold as brass monkeys but well worth it....whens the next ride out !!!!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 04/01/2011 18:29  

We also took toys, but having re-read the event details....it wasn't a Toy Run afterall.....hey ho

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/01/2011 18:53  

We'll have to do toys next time Brill result with the donations.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 04/01/2011 18:59  

Going back to the Busa rider, the casualty was Malc from the East Midlands Bikers. He's out of intensive care now, with several broken ribs, a collapsed lung and a badly smashed-up shoulder that will take a long time to get back to normal. He's conscious and chatty, I'm told, but it's going to be months before he can go back to his job as a professional driver.
It's still not clear exactly what happened. The bike had only superficial damage, and it's not clear whether he was the only vehicle involved or if there was someone else who left the scene.
If anyone saw the accident or has got first-hand info, drop me a PM and I'll make sure it's passed to the right people.

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/01/2011 00:08  

Sorry i couldnt make this one but well done all those that did and raised that fab amount

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 05/01/2011 10:00  

u feelin better Jackie (((((x)))) Ive got the snots now too

Update Reply
kazninja @ 06/01/2011 07:58  

Aye am fighting fit now ............... well walking and talking lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/01/2011 08:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email