MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

OMG have not had a car for a wee while but!

OMG have not had a car for a wee while but! - Forums [Biker Match] OMG have not had a car for a wee while but! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

OMG have not had a car for a wee while but!

Got the shock of my life getting a quote for a Sterling Rover 2.5 V6 it was £13 more than I'd have paid for the car! Which although in stunning knick for it's age and a bargin at that I'm not prepeared to pay £613 fully comp on :o( Is it me or do I really look like a spotty 17yo boy racer?? I've got max NCB I'd only use the car for maybe 3 months of winter just not worth the outlay and the tax of course being a bigger car I'd be hammered on that too.............. Right what do I do with that quote for snow chains/tires/crashbars/heated grips/better waterproofs???? Think I need to get on and build that trike!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 03/11/2010 15:32  

At a guess I would say its the V6 which has them scurrying for cover there.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 03/11/2010 15:38  

Fully comp on a £600 car, that's not worth it to start with, you will be paying £250 ??? excess and if you crash it they would write it off as a Cat D (uneconomical repair)

If you just want it for 3 months or so ....... go to E car insurance and pay as you go monthly policy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/11/2010 16:13  

got to agree a cheep car on fully comp ? 3rd party crash it dump it

Update Reply
JP @ 03/11/2010 16:16  

insurance has gone up a lot in 2 years anyone who hasnt had a car for a while will notice a massive increase

Update Reply
dunans @ 03/11/2010 17:06  

geting the trike sorted wont stop u geting wet could or snowed on and u cant cut the trafic pay as u go sounds good

Update Reply
kaycat @ 03/11/2010 17:53  

Firstly nice to see you didn't leave the site after all. V6 will push the cost up as Dynatoon says, why do you need it fully comp? although I know there is very difference between the TPF & T and fully comp at times. Shadow has a point bout third party only - you wouldn't get much of a payout on an older car anyway? Anyway, winter is a good time to do your trike project all the best, K.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 03/11/2010 17:58  

My God, people actually agreeing with me!!!

I must be loosing my touch

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/11/2010 18:14  

No your not loosing your touch s/f we all hate insurance companys lol

Update Reply
JP @ 03/11/2010 18:32  

Do you have full no claims on a car, and bike, most insurance companies will not pass them over. Try carol Nash for a dual policy, car and bike in one.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 03/11/2010 20:34  

2.5l V6, it's bound to be expensive. Look for a crappy 1.4-1.6 run-around if you only want it for three months of the year tbh.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 03/11/2010 20:36  

Deals done lol got a Corsa 1.4 of ebay tonight £411 (Hull Car two owners only 50k miles looks in good nick from freshly washed pics lol) Still over 300 insurance though OUCHHHHHH full NCB is on car only got a poultry 6 years on the bike lol But being the size it is I'll get better mpg and lower road fund too. Plus it could be passed on to my daughter when she goes for her test, I'll discuss the insurance with her if she wants lessons she insures it lol..... I like Rover V6's the Sterling was exceptionlly good condition full leather cd changer all electric toys still working and so on SIGH.......... I've owned a 2.7 Vitesse (ate std trim 2.9 cosworths no trouble erm officer lol) also an ex unmarked police force 2.7si bloody rapid that and an ebay BARGIN £50 lol only cost me about £235 fully comp back when i had it about 4 years ago!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 04/11/2010 00:38  

Got my licence back 5 years after it was revoked after a bike racing accident. The first quote I got for a 5.7l Chevy was £5000. With no nc. A LOT of 'phoning around was just over £500 fc, now it's £350

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 04/11/2010 15:39  

Andy who you insured with ? it sounds high ... my new car is only £420 fully comp & I had an accident 3 years ago (not my fault) and a full loss (car was stolen & never found) just under 5 years ago, the full loss the car was only 6 months old so they had to replace with a brand new one.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/11/2010 16:44  

Just renewed my car and got it on a churchill policy and got it a bit cheaper as i have my van also insure with them,might try them for my bike too. Must admit it has gone up for everyon with the claims people are maikng after an accident even after a minorr bump.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/11/2010 14:09  

and to think, i was going to learn to drive and get a car for when the sickles not practical, don't think i'll bother now. lol

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 10/11/2010 19:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email