MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

BMW S1000RR Luggage

BMW S1000RR Luggage - Forums [Biker Match] BMW S1000RR Luggage - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

BMW S1000RR Luggage

I would be very interested to hear from anyone that has purchased luggage for the s1000rr.

I have looked online and have seen very mixed reports for the home grown bmw tank and tail bags. But have not seen may alternative options that clearly state that they fit on the bike.

My objective is to have enough room to pack light, just a few things for an overnight trip and not try and make it a touring bike - which its not!

Any help, advice and /or suggestions would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Update Reply
StaticNoir @ 02/11/2010 17:12  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->Judging by the size of the bike the only thing that will fit on is yer wallet. It looks so small. The bike is relatively new and I think most of the luggage makers haven't got round to measuring up yet. Although most types of tankbag and tail bags are universal, and probably cheaper by a mile than anything produced with a BMW badge on it <!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 03/11/2010 00:31  

Wheelbarrow - Duely noted and agreed... Nod.

However I am specifically interested to see if other members that have an s1000rr tried anything. I have done quite a bit of research and as you say the bag makers have not yet produced much for the bike yet (it seems). What I have found so far are some items from Bags Connection that have indications that they are used on the bike but this is a little bit vague in on-line articles nothing that gives a clear or definitive statement and no pictures attached to the bike itself. Hence my request for advice on here.

The first is a tail bag (52L) a reasonable size that straps down and can be completely removed
Cargo Bag - BCK.CB5041The second is a tank bag that uses the Quick-Lock filler cap attachment system
Quick-Lock Engage XL Tank Bag - BC-QL-EXLAs with the BMW items these are not cheap either but from what I have seen the tank bag from BWM will fit a credit card and a phone which isn't great for the price. Not sure on the tail bag as the BWM does specifically fit the seat shape which will significantly help hold it in place.

Again thanks for your comments and advice.

Update Reply
StaticNoir @ 03/11/2010 08:22  

I don't know if you have looked at Bagster, they do make a tank cover for the ss and have a variety of bags which clip on, again not cheap but they are very good quality, might be worth a phone call or email to find out if they have more stuff.
http://www.bagster.com/en/

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 03/11/2010 13:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email