MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Events Tagging Problem

Events Tagging Problem - Forums [Biker Match] Events Tagging Problem - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Events Tagging Problem

Unfortunately there's been a problem with the new tagging system in the new events photos gallery pages. It may be necessary for you to delete and recreate any tags made between 29th August and today. Please check your tagged event photos and check if your tag is in the correct place. If it is then don't worry, if it's not then just delete and re-add it. The problem was caused by a date/time problem in the script i created, causing some photos to open in a smaller window than they should have been

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/10/2010 22:08  

Oh bum, thought you were going to say we could go back to the old system when you could just look at a photo and see who was on it, rather than have to open a different version of it to check if anyone has tagged themselves, or am I getting it all wrong?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2010 22:24  

have to say i agree with you there RC .. not an improvement in my humble opinion.. bring back the old way please Matt..

Update Reply
nawe @ 04/10/2010 22:39  

I,v said this before can we have it back as it was, i dont know who 1/2 the people are now, i think it's such a pain to use now that people wont bother with tagging.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 05/10/2010 02:37  

Got to agree I prefer the old way where you can see on the main pic who is who , does it not take more server space Matt... Having a tagged and an untagged photo stored?

Tho I have to admit I do like the new layout :-) Where the thumbnails are bigger

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 05/10/2010 07:43  

only 1 photo is stored, it's just called and resized accordingly when needed. The old pages were only even usable on Internet Explorer... anyone using firefox, chrome or a mac will know exactly why it had to be changed. Now the photos open full-screen (if they're uploaded in a high enough resolution) and you can tag them in a much larger screen (good for group pics where there are dozens of tags to add). The new version is much faster and more efficient for those viewing the photos and also for the server. It's also the same over all browser versions now (the old version had things that non-IE browsers couldn't handle so them browsers had a terrible version)

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/10/2010 10:42  

...so them browsers had a terrible version) Matt, your English teacher will be spinning in her chair, what kind of grammar do you call that?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/10/2010 10:52  

lol i was rushing the message, had to get to work. I is good at my english stuff innit

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/10/2010 15:00  

Seems I'm in a minority, I prefer the new way of tagging pics as you can actually see people. On the old system you couldn't always see peeps properly as they would tag their names over their faces!!!

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 05/10/2010 18:19  

That was a problem????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/10/2010 14:29  

Well of course Andy, wouldn't want you hiding your handsome face with a tag

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 06/10/2010 18:19  

Looking at some of the pics from RTTW ... some of the tags look like they are way off where they should be .. this is like this when I use Chrome on my PC or on my I Phone

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 06/10/2010 18:31  

maybe i look at the wrong pictures but i have't seen any that anyone else has tagged and it seems like a lot more clicking

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 06/10/2010 22:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email