MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

U K Health Agreement, with IOM,...

U K Health Agreement, with IOM,... - Forums [Biker Match] U K Health Agreement, with IOM,... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

U K Health Agreement, with IOM,...

...extended. The Isle of Man government has signed a new reciprocal health agreement with the UK.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> The agreement sees the continuation of the reciprocal healthcare pact, which allows UK residents free treatment while visiting the Island and vice-versa.Chief Minister Tony Brown said: "The signing of a new Reciprocal Healthcare Agreement between the Isle of Man and the UK is very welcome news for the people of the island and for visitors to our shores."A lot of people have worked hard to make this happen."Repatriation is not covered by this agreement. The IOM Department of Health strongly recommends visitors to the Isle of Man should still make sure that they have insurance. <o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/09/2010 13:10  

Didn't even know there was one Kwak, just sort of assumed but it's obvious really isn't it! As it 'appens 4 weeks after my short-circuit bump and still in a UK hospital, a race-mate was killed out there, but others were luckier.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 13/09/2010 15:29  

That's a very interesting and useful post Kwak - thanks

At least we know we can still get free NHS treatment out there - and only have to cover ourselves for getting back if the worst happens.

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 13/09/2010 17:46  

Same here LTGTR, I didn't know of it either. Sad about your mate Thanks Rossi, Y W.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/09/2010 12:06  

More info here http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=6399

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/09/2010 21:08  

I'll let my Dad know - he lives in Ballabeg and was worried about having to pay tousands for ops etc in uk. God its so hard having relatives out there - no camping or owt to worry about lol

Update Reply
Brian1 @ 19/09/2010 22:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email