MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Bike respray ~ any advice is welcome

Bike respray ~ any advice is welcome  - Forums [Biker Match] Bike respray ~ any advice is welcome  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Bike respray ~ any advice is welcome

ive just purchased a kawasaki 550 chopper; the downfall is it's yellow... im ringing around for respray quotes... any advice or recommendations are welcome!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 13:57  

There was a guy showing some fantastic work at Bassetts Pole last week, I've got his card somewhere. I'll dig it out for you

Update Reply
giantdog @ 07/09/2010 14:47  

Matt pink?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 17:14  

Resprays you get what you pay for in that area, if you going for one colour go for powder coat its far better and dont stone chip as easy

Update Reply
JP @ 07/09/2010 17:22  

only advise i cane give you gordy.. dont get it sprayed yellow !

Update Reply
dunans @ 07/09/2010 17:27  

LOL shadow the wheels are gonna be pink

JP ty for the advice i'm looking into powder coating option

Dunas ! :-p

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 17:34  

Matt pink hmmmm rat bike no ! rats tail maybe lol let me know if you fin a good one Geordielass i need mine doing too

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 07/09/2010 17:40  

I too would pay a bit more and the finish will last rather than just rust in the winter..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 17:46  

Will do wheely, someone pm'd a good lead so im waiting for the guy to respond ;)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 17:47  

dont mind paying a bit more for a good job clinton... but need a few quotes before i can decide...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 23:02  

Yes too right and maybe get a few quotes and see who you will like giving the job too..:)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2010 21:40  

ive managed to find someone in cumbria via a very nice gent on bm..... so im a happy bunny!!! ive had it out (illegally cough..) today and im totally besotted with it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2010 21:43  

That sounds good now,its the after sales stuff if something goes wron and its worth it..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2010 22:00  

i agree clinton... and i trust the guy that gave me the lead, the garage did a spray job for him recently... he seems really genuine even went to the garage for me this morning.. what a gem!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2010 22:15  

spesh thanks from me, to these two guys awesome !!! RustyKnight and Blade Pilot

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2010 23:20  

Just an afterthought,I had a custom job done on my FXR,pro sprayer,who used cellulose paint,nice job-but on a petrol tank you can get problems cos the petrol can knack the paint round the filler hole and if there are balance pipes as in Harley tanks,the paint just starts peeling away.Got a new tank done by an old school pro who uses 2 pack,far beter finish-depth etc,petrol doesnt affect it although with with health & safety laws etc lots of places dont use 2 pack anymore but well worth asking what the painter uses and the preparation needed,its lots of money to end up dissapointed.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 11/09/2010 12:05  

You can get petrol resistant laquer for the fuel tank....I used it when I custom painted the top of my tank....It takes a bit to cur then buff but well worth it...See Pics on my profile. (It keeps me amused)

Update Reply
Phantom1539 @ 11/09/2010 15:59  

Which if you dont mind me saying is fine if you do stuff yourself and got the equipment, lots of people aint got the skill etc needed and thus pay others to do it for them,I had to but would love to spray,aint got the place or gear to do it, or the time.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 11/09/2010 18:36  

so phantom.. when you available to do a respray (jks) your tanks looks bloody awesome.. nice job indeedy!!!! fxr.. i will ask the painter what he intends to use in preparation... thanks for the advice..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2010 19:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email