MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Little bit of politics...

Little bit of politics... - Forums [Biker Match] Little bit of politics... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Little bit of politics...

So, Tony Bliar has bottled out of doing his book signing thing. What a wuss.

Update Reply
Drum @ 07/09/2010 08:17  

? I guess I have to read a newspaper or watch the news to know what that's about.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/09/2010 08:29  

gets more publicity for his book that way.

Update Reply
dunans @ 07/09/2010 08:34  

A fair number of people want Blair to stand trial for war crimes, and there was a protest planned for his book signing in London on Wednesday. After the protest at his recent signing in Dublin he's pulled out of the London one.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 08:35  

Ta for the explanation GB.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/09/2010 08:39  

misread the first post, thought it said Blair had been bottled! which for a few mins made my day... sadly I was wrong wrong..

(note to self- must allow contacts to settle prior to playing on Laptop)

Update Reply
snailfetcher @ 07/09/2010 08:59  

..or take your shades off lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/09/2010 09:01  

LOL @ snail

Blairs a t!t.... Thought the eggs being thrown at him were good entertainment! ;)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 09:17  

You were right 1st time Snail, he was bottled, errr and shoe'd in Dublin. lol He just lost his own bottle.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 07/09/2010 09:24  

Can't stand Blair...he shafted the whole country and left with his smug grin on his face.

Update Reply
darylt @ 07/09/2010 10:14  

I count myself amongst those who think Blair should stand trial for war crimes. In fact he should face the same charges as the Nazis at Nuremberg ie "Planning and Waging an Aggressive War".

Update Reply
Drum @ 07/09/2010 15:54  

Not defending Blair but to put him on trial for war crimes is just bollocks...having been there (both wars) and seen what was actually happening out there not what the press want you to see..... .....because believe me the press will add, take away or multiply to get the papers to sell or the channel more viewing figures....and if they manage to stir up a hornets nest of shit then it may just get them that pulitzer prize....it not just for the sake of it ..... and what all those years of Saddam Hussein had done to the people out there it was the right choice to take him out... it should have been done in 91 but the French, germans, Russians didn't want it and blocked it at the UN.....strangely enough the same countries didn't want it to kick off the second time around... Why?????? aid for oil program Russain, german and french supply the aid and the banking and all the trimmings very lucritive for these countries all knowing that the aid wasn't really for the people and the profits skimmed of...... As for the big one was there weapons of mass destruction ( come one people we aren't taking about huge missles but chemical and biological) most of it can be made from every day chemicals very easily..........well I chased it and never caught it.......but I believe 100% there was stuff there???? where? now who knows .... but if you look on google maps and see the size of the western desert...considering that a tea spoon of some agents could wipe out half the eastern coast of the UK....... then tell me it couldn't be hidden..... there was secret mobile labs and chemicals ( alone safe mixed with others deadly) being moved around just before and after the invasion by the Iraqies... Can it be proven, ....stuff moved about mobile labs ..YES.... can it be proven that it was chemical/ biological eapons NO it can't! but just because it can't be proven doesn't mean there was none........my best guesstimate....Syria or buried in the Western Desert...... Picture it......weapons of mass destruction found targets in the west planned...OH now everyone would be going "Tony Blair well done"! "he's a hero of our time".....he did what he thought was right at the time..... It is easy to comment when you sit in the safety of your home being fed what associated press want you to hear and bleat...always the same....Its terrible what is happening in that country, someone should do something and protect us from terrorism....Then the fickle masses swing from the right to the laft and it starts....... ........oh no they are treating those terrorists so poorly...oh look that nasty Muslim who wanted to kill us all is not getting his human rights....GET A F***ING GRIP..... Fact; there were terrorist training camps inside Iraq...I have seen them Fact; Villages women, kids , everyone wiped out by chemical weapons I have been there! Fact; People children tortured by iraqi military ...for fun I have seen the scars, been told by family members of the murder, rape and mutilation... Fact: oh whats the point...... Oh right I am getting of my soap box now sore subject...if you are miffed I apologise but you have your opinion I have mine..... Any drips see a plumber! mmmmmhhhfffffffffffeeewww wound up going to the gym

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 19:55  

gosh johnny......................... some very valid points in there... but the fact is we dont see it with our own eyes, so unfortunately and sadly we have to rely on what is written in the tabloids! i still think tony blairs a t!t though lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 20:03  

tit YES war criminal NO.....winston Churchill authorised the bombing of Dresden 160,000 civilians I believe died in that bombing campaign....is his memory to be tarnished as a war criminal.... history is writen by the winners of wars (once upon a time) A good quote i like to remind myself of when I read see how twisted stories of what happened is..... God cannot alter the past, though historians can. ~Samuel Butler You will be fed what ever the current climate wants you fed....regardless of what actually happens

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 20:14  

Not miffed at all Johnny. As you say, you have your opinion and I have mine. Obviously I bow to the experience of someone who was actually there, however...

I don't buy that it was ever about WMD, or, when they couldn't be found, regime change. It was about oil, pure and simple.

Same as the first world war...

Update Reply
Drum @ 07/09/2010 20:18  

Maybe maybe not but if about Tony Blair knowingly wanting to screw Iraq out of oil revenue....This is a quote from the house of commons during the proposal for going to war. On 18 March 2003, with the invasion imminent, Tony Blair proposed the House of Commons motion to back the war. "The oil revenues, which people falsely claim that we want to seize, should be put in a trust fund for the Iraqi people administered through the UN," he said. "The United Kingdom should seek a new Security Council Resolution that would affirm... the use of all oil revenues for the benefit of the Iraqi people."
Of course it wouldn't come to anything because big business will win out always will....war is expensive and governments want the money they spend in a war back and then some............trust me the other European countries are doing very well out of the war as well....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 20:29  

When I mentioned what the protests were about I deliberately didn't express an opinion. I think it's still best not to. 

Something to bare in mind: The UK has the worlds 4th largest defence budget, and is the worlds 5th largest arms supplier. For such a relatively small country war is big business and our economy would struggle without it.
Surprisingly France is above us on both accounts. 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2010 20:38  

I take the point about what Blair said, but, without action, the words are empty. No such resolution was ever passed, and I believe he was canny enough to know that would be the case.

Just another little fact to chuck in the mix: Did you know that, of the last 100 years, we (the west) have been at war with, or occupying Iraq for more than 50 of them?

What really gets me is the sheer brass neck of them. They lie and, either have such little regard for our intelligence or, more likely, simply don't care, that they don't even feel the need to lie well or convincingly.

Update Reply
Drum @ 07/09/2010 20:41  

How many times do we have to say it? Johnny for PM!!! So get my vote. I don't care why we went to war in Iraq, I'm just glad that we did and removed Sadam. How can anyone say that was a bad thing? Who cares what the 'reasons' were. WMD? Not bothered! Sadam? Dead! Nice one.

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/09/2010 21:15  

if JTB becomes PM then i vote myself as his private secretary lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/09/2010 21:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email