MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

White text

White text (2) - Forums [Biker Match] White text (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

White text

just you dunans, i've been on the site for hours with no problem. Sessions get reset every 3 hours though, so you need to make sure you have COOKIES ENABLED in your browser if you want it to log you back in again (chatroom included).

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/08/2010 18:30  

I can see the text Gary typed as white/cream too and I have also received a pm from another member which has come up in white/cream

Update Reply
Karey @ 31/08/2010 18:32  

then they probably copy/pasted something Kaz.... that happens when you copy/paste the <P> tags from other websites (it takes BM's default colour which is a creamy white - see other pages on BM like the homepage). People shouldn't copy/paste directly in the site. If we want the Rich Text Editor to stay then use it correctly, or we can always go to a facebook-style simple basic text box with no smileys etc

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/08/2010 18:35  

Implemented a temp solution... when you press to post your message, it will convert all <P> to <DIV> at the SERVER SIDE to fix your crappy internet browser which is screwing around with my code!! I hate software on PCs like Zonealarm which changes website code!

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/08/2010 18:46  

ahhh right Matt, I was going to say it wasn't copied text, but as it was about a forthcoming event, it probably was a generic pm.

Update Reply
Karey @ 31/08/2010 18:49  

I don't think it's anything on my PC doing it. Neither my home nor work PCs have a software firewall (home connection is via a Linksys router running DD-WRT), or pop-up blocker, or anything like that. They have different OSs, different virus scanners, everything is different. I'm definitely not running anything that screws with the code. It hasn't always done it either, it only started a matter of weeks ago.

I've had PMs from other people that have appeared white, so I don't think it's just me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2010 22:00  

If ya don't type for a while, while in the chat room, you get timed out. I see GB's text as cream too, not the last post he made tho, that's black.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/08/2010 22:04  

Totally doesn't make sense! In can't add <P> for just one person. Your account is the same as everyone elses, the text editor doesn't change it's behaviour for one person. I'm yet to have anyone else even mention this to me... i'd like someone else to post in this topic or send me a PM with the same problem (WITHOUT copy/pasting from another website, which will always have the above effect). Nice one have DD-WRT though on the Linksys! Make sure the firewalls and javascript filters etc are disabled. The chatroom thing, Kwak, will only affect people who don't have cookies ENABLED. If you are using cookies, then when the server services cycle every 3 hours you'll automatically be logged in and given a new session ID (and you wont even notice it happen).

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/09/2010 20:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email