MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

White text

White text - Forums [Biker Match] White text - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

White text

Does anybody else keep having there text turning white for no apparent reason?

I think it's dependant on what browser you use to post, and seems to be when the text is within <p> tags, but not when it's in a <div>.
If I'm right this line should be white.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/08/2010 17:05  

no problems here using firefox, never had that happen

Update Reply
dunans @ 26/08/2010 17:06  

Ok, it's white for me.

Matt, any reason why the CSS for <p> would have the text defined as white?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/08/2010 17:07  

dunans, do you see the line "If I'm right this line should be white" as white text? There's nothing in it defining it as white, but it appears white to me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/08/2010 17:11  

Looks all white to me too

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 26/08/2010 17:24  

I don't have any problems with my own text turning white, but if you cut and paste from a website it usually turns white on you.
The workaround is to first paste into a blank wordpad or notepad file, and then copy again and paste into BikerMatch. Matt can explain why, but my eyes start to glaze over at this point.
You can often salvage it if you can edit it by highlighting the text and then using the text colour tool, but it doesn't always seem to work.

Update Reply
Wills @ 26/08/2010 17:43  

Cutting and pasting from other sources is a problem in many places because it keeps some of the formatting, but that's not what I'm talking about.
If I type a message from scratch it sometimes turns white but not always. I've now figured out that it's if I press Enter, that causes the text to be surrounded by <p> tags, and the CSS then appears to define it as white text.

The thing I'm not sure about is if everybody is seeing it as white, or if it's just some people.
So, is this line white?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/08/2010 17:57  

Yup

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 26/08/2010 18:56  

It's white to me using Chrome as a browser. Just tried it in IE8 and Firefox and it's still white.

[edit] Sorry, just seen you reckon it's dependent on the browser you use to post, rather than read.

Update Reply
Wills @ 26/08/2010 19:45  

yep. it's white on firefox

Update Reply
yamahama @ 26/08/2010 20:33  

It's because the <P> tag is set as a creamy white in the CSS mate. So if you put a <P>some text</P> tag anywhere then it will come us as creamy white like the rest of the site. That's why you shouldn't do it... don't copy paste from other sites. Pressing the enter key shouldn't do anything though - I do it myself. A LOT more posts would be in white if that was the case..... ???

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/08/2010 07:54  

I can't understand how you're getting <P> when you press enter The Rich Text Editor is supposed to be putting <DIV> in instead automatically. Try typing a message and pressing the <> button in the toolbar, you'll see your HTML. When I'm typing it adds <DIV>, but in your message I see <P>. What did you do? How did you do that without editing the HTML?

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/08/2010 07:56  

yes m8 where u said it would be white text i see white text

Update Reply
dunans @ 27/08/2010 14:26  

don't worry we all do, he's somehow adding a <P> tag to his post

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/08/2010 18:22  

Toilet that way >>>>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/08/2010 22:21  

Pressing enter automatically puts <p></p> around each paragraph. It hasn't always done it, it's something that started fairly recently but happens at work and at home.What I have been doing recently is editing the HTML to remove the <p>s. This time I haven't touched the <> button so this is exactly what the editor generates.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2010 16:17  

that's weird mate, it's not doing that for anyone else - just you When I press enter it correctly adds <DIV> What's your setup?

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/08/2010 18:14  

Glad I done do techi stuff, you gave me a headache just reading it

Update Reply
JP @ 31/08/2010 18:19  

slightly off topic the site has logged me out a few times today even while in chat or browsing , never happened before is it just me ?

Update Reply
dunans @ 31/08/2010 18:26  

It's definitely you mate, here's the code to prove that the gets removed... //Insert <DIV> instead of <P> if (parentElement.tagName == 'P'||parentElement.tagName=='BODY'||parentElement.tagName=='HTML'||parentElement.tagName=='TD'||parentElement.tagName=='THEAD'||parentElement.tagName=='TFOOT'){ selectedRange.pasteHTML('<DIV>'); selectedRange.select(); return false; } You must have some kind of popup blocker, virus scanner, etc turned on screwing things up. Something is fiddling with your javascript (oo er).

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/08/2010 18:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email