MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Drag racing.....

Drag racing..... - Forums [Biker Match] Drag racing..... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Drag racing.....

Anyone interested round 5 of ACU national drag bike championships is on at shakespeare county raceway this weekend. Should be some seriously quick action from Super Street Bikes running low 7 second passes on street legal tyres!! Steve

Update Reply
suzook12 @ 25/08/2010 22:06  

Sounds fun, my brother in law used to drag race Ian used to pit foe him, it was great fun. Pity we already have plans this weekend

Have fun !

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/08/2010 22:51  

My plans have gone by the wayside , i used to go to santa pod years and years ago, i only up the road too, what days and time?

Update Reply
savanna @ 26/08/2010 03:26  

Hi SV and Savanna, Qualifiers are Sat and Sun, with Eliminator rounds on the Monday, track opens from 10am all days depending on weather. More info on the shakespeare county raceway web site. If ya make it, come and say hi, Im running 9.50 bike, black gsxr SB313 Steve

Update Reply
suzook12 @ 26/08/2010 20:03  

Can't make this weekend, but I will be at the FIA European Finals at Pod on 9-12th Sept

Update Reply
IUsedToBeAHedgehog @ 26/08/2010 20:12  

Was hoping to make the FIA's, was going to crew for a mate, but cant make it, so will be the national finals for next round, followed by extreme performance bike weekend in October. Its started coming together at last tho, ran a 9.82@144 in qualifying, although went out in 1st round elims with a 10.1. Very close race tho, as was off the line with a 0.096 Just got some work to do on the 60ft's, then we should win more than we lose Steve

Update Reply
suzook12 @ 05/09/2010 15:54  

Well done steve, mike used to ride a gsxr 1216 with nitros before he became too ill, best time was 8.71, sister in law (future) also races a bandit 1200 turbo of some sort think she is in 10 second class and her hubby has a busa also low 8's so lots of time spent smelling rubber lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 05/09/2010 16:02  

Cool SV, a family of drag racers lol, am hoping to run in the 8.50 class next year for a couple of outings. Will possibly be my last crack at 9.50 next year, would like to do well before moving up. But right now the chassis is holding me back. Its actually better suited to 8.50 because of rule differences would allow it to run a slick and wheelie bars which would let it launch properly without landing on its/my head lol. In 3 seasons have managed to come a long way tho with a very limited budget, with reliability being the early issues, solved when i bought my own race bike. But even that had its own issues, trying to run it on nitrous has been a big pain and learning curve, fuel seemed to be the biggest culprit, now it runs sweetly i am just getting everything else set up to work properly, like clutch, tweaking suspension etc, have 3 tenths to find and we're on the money and should be able to get that from 60ft times which are still well down. BUT it is coming lol, am hoping within the last 2 meetings we can run 9.5-9.6 every pass!! Steve

Update Reply
suzook12 @ 05/09/2010 20:22  

Yeah can see one of your pics your up in the air

Limited budget ... one of the straightliners teams travelled from Ireland ... they were farmers & used to sell off farm equipment to travel to meets & then buy it back again before they needed it

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 05/09/2010 20:32  

"Limited budget ... one of the straightliners teams travelled from Ireland ... they were farmers & used to sell off farm equipment to travel to meets & then buy it back again before they needed it " Lol, Team Pawnbroker?? Sounds about right tho Steve

Update Reply
suzook12 @ 07/09/2010 11:27  

spent the weekend at santa pod, wow those guys and girls are totally mental!! I've loaded some some pictures of some of the sights in my profile should anyone wanna look.

Update Reply
giantdog @ 27/09/2010 01:00  

Thought about drag racing myself, but couldn't get on with the stilettos so stuck with road racing.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 27/09/2010 10:43  

But you'd look so gooood in stilettos Watching guys doing 220mph standing 1/4's on road legal taxed bikes was brilliant, I never thought drag racing would be that interesting but when you're there it's proper good

Update Reply
giantdog @ 27/09/2010 16:34  

hi eveyone its great at the bulldog bash for the simple reason of watching every day people being able to drag on the track for a small fee though (shame should be free). thats one of the main reasons i go watching the track by day and the bands by night, so come on look the dates are in see if your game its the 25th this year, lets hope they get some good acts. see you there maybe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2010 16:59  

Good God Old Skool Suzuki members get everywhere Steve! Ok here's a question for you...........if the Fuel/Pro-stock lot call Comp Bike "Council Bike" and us lot it in 8.50 Bike "Pikey Bike".........what does that make you 9.50 lot?

Update Reply
h_ippy @ 20/11/2010 00:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email