MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Numb bum!!

Numb bum!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Numb bum!! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Numb bum!!

Err no actually!!

It's a good one though, well noticed Sandi

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 20/08/2010 17:26  

I have used Sargent Motorcycle Seats in the past, they are good but are not that cheap.

http://www.sargentcycle.co.uk/index.html

I have also got to sort something out for the VFR, stock is not that great for distance.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2010 22:03  

Thanks for that Pheonix but i've just had a look and they don't do one for the ZZR, shame cos they're not the most expensive that's for sure!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 21/08/2010 12:29  

I thought you'd have typed 'motorcycle' before 'seat modifiers'.pmsl Try caulfieldleather.co.uk , manchester based company, there is loads more who don't modify toilets.

Update Reply
2Tdreamin @ 21/08/2010 15:58  

I started to get some problems on my recent trip to the alps even on a BMW but i put it down to the heat. I invested in an AIRHAWK seat pad which cost 100 euro and is adjustable for pressure. It's like sitting on a waterbed but it also allows air passage between the cells so also has a cooling effect. It may not work for you but then again it might so could be worth a try, definatly cheaper than a new seat.

Update Reply
Dumass @ 22/08/2010 19:59  

2T I did type motorcycle but only got shite for first two pages and got bored

Thanks for that Dumas I'll have a butchers.

After reading that link I posted and understanding the way the seat works I changed my posture only slightly today and rode for 5 hours without any major problems

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 22/08/2010 22:09  

terry maybe its your arse that needs changing and the bikes fine !!!! xxx boody xx

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 30/08/2010 11:18  

boody you're probably right!! It's just not fat enough, I need to eat more pies

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 30/08/2010 14:20  

Apparently some of the long haul guys use the inflatable seats as sold by different manufacturers, I personally found the 'Gell' seats way overhyped, and dammned useless in reality. Got my Fireblade seat re-done with it, and was no different to the original seat, a big £80 disappointment. An old trick that I have used in the past on long hauls was one I read many years ago in an old bike book, and that was to fold a decent quality towel and sit on that. It did work actually, really did get rid of all the vibration! Plus, it was free! The one downside is all the smart ass comments you'll get when you arrive at 'meets'.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/08/2010 15:03  

i got caulfield leather to do mine, it was £120 for rider and pillion gel cushions, its not far from where i work so i took it in but he charges £10 extra for P&P which i reckons pretty fair. Gel cushions and some cycling shorts work fine for me and i'm all over the place and everyone who's rode pillion reckons its a big improvement.

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 05/09/2010 16:52  

Maybe your arse is just too fat, I always find if I am doing more exercise running etc to muscle up that long trips like I do are easier to cope with..... a lot of numbness is down to circulation yes even in the nether regions so try that for a while even some squats 3 or 4 times a day running up and down stairs a few times two or three times a day would help with the glutious maximus and the circulation lol as my old pti used scream at the troop run fat boys run pays to be a winner lol As for the pillion, Rusty if you suggest the above to her your a braver man than me pmsl

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2010 16:56  

you've got a point about the fitness thing, i used to have a problem where i'd get a sudden attack of cramp when i was going long distance which is unbelievably painful on a sit up and beg where you can't stretch your legs out. I took up running again and a few months later it stopped, my arse still gets sore on long trips but i put that down to having ridden 100+ miles so its time for a break anyway.

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 14/09/2010 16:41  

Wish i could change my ass !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/09/2010 16:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email