MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

My Bad reccomendation

My Bad reccomendation - Forums [Biker Match] My Bad reccomendation - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

My Bad reccomendation

Now I know these are not motorcycle trousers, and no substitute for proper gear..... ......but I ride in jeans most of the time and would expect to get as good abraision protection from these. just picked a pair up tonight, and the knee pads from my textile trousers fit in nice too. Will wear them into work tomorrow as it's quoted as raining. http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/products.jsp?id=290...p;ts=82534

Update Reply
njl @ 16/08/2010 19:20  

ill have a couple of pairs of them cheers

Update Reply
dunans @ 16/08/2010 19:24  

water repellent isn't the same as resistant. I bet the seems will pour water through. Sorry I bought a pair of Hein Gerrick pants (& jacket) about 5 or 6 years ago, plus a pair of Altberg boots. I've never had a drop of rain touch my crotch since. Bit pricey, but compared with all the other waterproofs I tried that didn't work, plastic bags on my feet under my boots, etc... I can tell you that this set of kit is unbelievable!!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/08/2010 20:34  

i put the plastic bags over my boots it keeps the boots dry to and plastic bag over your gloves keep them dry to

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 16/08/2010 21:47  

For peeps with small hands next time you fill up pinch a few of the plastic gloves from the pump if it rains just put them over your gloves. its better to put them over your gloves before you put them on

Update Reply
JP @ 17/08/2010 08:39  

I have a great pair of cotton traders waterproof trousers that I used when testing the bikes, warm,dry and free...They were given to me by an old work mate as they clashed with his jacket! No substitute for proper bike kit obviously but we are all adults here ( in age if not mentality ) and ride in what we like.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 17/08/2010 09:04  

in age if not mentality....... gotta be the quote of the week..... love it

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 17/08/2010 10:02  

just ride safe, how are we to stop the kids,(including mine) ignores me , from riding in short sleeves and shorts ? I tell him and tell him , still does it and pumps aaaaahhhhhhh kids , till he in hospital all smashed up , still doesnt listen to me, any ideas?

Update Reply
savanna @ 17/08/2010 10:32  

Kick his ass and tell him next time he rides without decent level of protection his bike may or may not catch fire ????????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2010 01:05  

definitely take his keys!! As for people still using bags over their gloves or boots... why? Just get some good kit that's waterproof as I said above. I learnt this lesson after a few winters riding to work.

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/08/2010 10:27  

I took your advice recently Matt and bought some Altberg boots.These are proper waterproof and can be resoled by Altbergs when they wear down.I've had wet feet in the past its no fun.

Update Reply
moongoose @ 18/08/2010 10:53  

Isn't it a bit dodgy wearing plastic bags over boots? How do ya stop from sliding over the ground when you put your foot down, or try to manouvre off gravel?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/08/2010 11:13  

it's no problem Kwak and they cost nothing, when i buy new boots it more important there comfortable, i find treating them with Renapur keeps most of the water out anyway

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 18/08/2010 19:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email