MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

World record speeding fine

World record speeding fine - Forums [Biker Match] World record speeding fine - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

World record speeding fine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-10960230 Ouch

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/08/2010 15:14  

double ouch !!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/08/2010 16:36  

good idea income based fines, or does it just mean that poorer people with vehicles can go mental cos the fine wont be much??

Update Reply
julie j @ 13/08/2010 16:45  

Serves to rich burk right hope they crush his car!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 13/08/2010 19:06  

F**k that's a lot of cash! Just to think I've nearly done that speed too....hope I never get caught and fined that much! ha-ha!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2010 20:27  

"good idea income based fines, or does it just mean that poorer people with vehicles can go mental cos the fine wont be much?"

IMO (and pretty much by definition) genuinely 'poor' people have very little disposable income which means that even small things that cut into that will mean them having to cut back on something.

OTOH, the more money you have, and the more savings/disposable cash etc. the less speeding fines mean in real terms. Certainly in this country you don't have to be particularly rich for speeding fines in themselves to be virtually irrelevant, and the only real deterrent becomes points/totting up/driving ban - which the well off are often able to weasel out of anyway by getting lawyered up.

The car the guy in the article was driving is in excess of 150 grand new with no options and I'd be willing to bet a pile of cash that I don't have that the fine, large as it might seem to us, won't actually impact on the offenders lifestyle in any meaningful way, even though he will no doubt resent it. Which is kind of the point? Well done the Swiss police/justice system I say.

Update Reply
Warhed @ 14/08/2010 05:37  

I agree with war, if he has been given a fine that large it's not gonna hurt him a lot, but boy was I hope it was worth him speeding to wherever he was off to lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/08/2010 05:58  

I think it would be a great idea too. Get those rich country boys a bigger fine if they decide to break the law. Can you imagine being that rich though where that much cash didn't even make a dent in your life??? Ridiculous. ha-ha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2010 07:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email