MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Still around!

Still around! - Forums [Biker Match] Still around! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Still around!

Just to let you guys (and gals) know that I'm still around. Been off work sick for over a month, sustained a nasty head injury at work - knocked a 10' x 5' steel panel door off it's hinges with the lorry tail lift and it struck me on the head!

Was lucky, but suffering from migraines and nausea now.

(Can't wait to get back on the bike!)

Update Reply
darylt @ 12/08/2010 17:40  

Welcome Back Daryl

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 12/08/2010 17:43  

Ouch!! Flipping eck that sounds pretty nasty - keep getting better x

Update Reply
Enola @ 12/08/2010 17:54  

welcome back mate, but I'm sure you could have found a better way to get some time off work!

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/08/2010 17:55  

Rossi told me you had bumped your head hope you recovering ok no long term damage ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 12/08/2010 17:59  

I heard you'd hit your head on a door, didn't realise quite how bad! Glad you're OK.
When're you going to be back on the bike then?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2010 18:02  

Hey hope ur fit and well again soon x

Update Reply
suzed2805 @ 12/08/2010 19:13  

take your time to get well daryl,,, hugz and owwwch xxxx

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 12/08/2010 19:33  

Take it easy bud , glad your back on the site If you need a lift or pillion let me know .....

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 12/08/2010 20:14  

What a stupid place to leave a 10'x5' steel door (against a wall) everybody knows that large heavy items are best left laying flat so thay cant fall over event if thay are hit by a truck ? Get well soon mate

Update Reply
JP @ 13/08/2010 06:06  

Glad your on the road to recovery hon , heard you were committed to your job tho & finished your deliveries before going home lol Wishing you the speediest recovery Shell xxx

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/08/2010 07:04  

OUCH!!! buggerin' 'ell Daryl! ya daft sod! Hope you get better soon! - what's the doc said?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 13/08/2010 10:10  

Double OUCH!!! Get well soon and do what the doc says. Any damage to the door?

Update Reply
Wills @ 13/08/2010 10:15  

Thanks for all the well wishes. Dunno when I'll be back on the bike, want to make sure I feel a lot better before I do (still get dizzy). The door won the fight! lol

The doc says it could be weeks or months before I'm better, very frustrating considering the shop knew that it was a hazard and never reported the near misses in the past. Just putting a claim in via union solicitors. In no rush to go back to work as they treat you like dirt on the bottom of their shoe!

Update Reply
darylt @ 13/08/2010 12:02  

Ouch! Well hopefully you will be back and up and at em soon enough and then well enough to get out on the bike! Get better mate!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2010 12:07  

HI Daryl
Get well soon mate.
You'll have to join the ill, bored and stuck at home club and go on the virtual day out.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 13/08/2010 12:58  

ey up DD glad ur ok and i miss u loads and ur cheekiness

give me a call and i'll come bring cakes and annoy u (yes veggie cakes i know)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/08/2010 14:54  

Hi Mate. Glad you are recovering & if herself comes to visit I'll join her! (that's if I'm allowed lol) Take care and hope to see you when back from jollys!

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 13/08/2010 15:59  

You're all welcome to pop round....I only have a small house so maybe not all at the same time

Go to get back out on me bike........really missing it (sorry to keep moaning about it).

Update Reply
darylt @ 14/08/2010 17:55  

hope the head heals soon matey, try jumping out the way next time a door comes flying at you head butting isnt a good option lol. get well soon

Update Reply
esusuk @ 14/08/2010 22:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email