MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

EXUP Valve, keep or remove?

EXUP Valve, keep or remove? - Forums [Biker Match] EXUP Valve, keep or remove? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

EXUP Valve, keep or remove?

I have an old Thunderace, is it worth dumping the exup valve and will it make any difference to the performance, i accept the bike will need to be retuned if it goes.

Update Reply
Jimclark @ 12/08/2010 15:12  

I'd keep it, helps with midrange. Helps if you have a fruity can too, you can keep the noise down through villages etc. Interestingly enough performance car makers are fitting these to cars now.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 12/08/2010 15:25  

I'd keep it, helps with midrange. Helps if you have a fruity can too, you can keep the noise down through villages etc. Interestingly enough performance car makers are fitting these to cars now.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 12/08/2010 15:25  

Definitely keep it!!! I had a Thunderace myself (there's a pic of it in my albums) had a Quill or Art can on it ....... loved it and it really helps, the only time I had an issue was when it got stuck open and the performance did suffer.

The rev counter misbehaves too if its sticking or is taken off.

Just get it tuned at a Dynojet place if you were going to spend money on it anyway

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2010 20:02  

Depends what ynt to do with it really.... Losing the valve only has any benefits if ya junk the exhaust for a large bore race system then you'll need a dynajet stage 3 kit to make it work plus dyno time. If you just looking to make it a little livelier then sports can, free flowing filter and keep the valve would be best bet Steve

Update Reply
suzook12 @ 25/08/2010 22:13  

you can now get aftermarket headers that actually take the original exup on ebay £179 or is it that ur valve has seized and you need a new valve.

Update Reply
yzf.rider @ 31/08/2010 17:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email