MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Where to go

Where to go - Forums [Biker Match] Where to go - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Where to go

Just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas of any good roads, places or sort of biker cafes to go to for next week, me and a mate and his 14yr old son are heading up to cumbria for a few days camping, we're booked into lakeside campsite, its a first time for us so not sure where to go

Update Reply
gordon62 @ 31/07/2010 17:33  

theres always devils bridge approx 25 miles from Flookburgh
normaly find bikes up there most days but mainly weekend
and dont suppose you'd be too far from lake windamere get a good few bikes up there weekends also hope thats of some use to you enjoy ya trip

Update Reply
wozabee @ 31/07/2010 22:00  

cheers for that wozabee, the name flookburgh rings a bell wen i was looking up the site we're staying at, its one of those name places that sticks in the mind, we're definatly doing Hardknott and wyenose passes while we're there

Update Reply
gordon62 @ 31/07/2010 23:23  

There's also Hartside cafe on the a686 out of penrith on the far side of melmerby. Watch The Road Though. Lots of Bikes on weekends.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 31/07/2010 23:45  

Have a look for this route on a map, to get you up there, starting from around Ripon. Masham, Leyburn, Hawes, Sedburgh, Kendal, Windermere. Then around the top of Windermere lake to get to Hawkshead and then Coniston,.. if I remember right, the start to the Hardnott and Wrynose pass road is just a couple of miles north of Coniston (check map though, few months since I did it). Windermere to Penrith is also nice, if busy, over Kirkstone pass. That brings you to the start of the run up to Hartside, and over to Alston section. But this can be like a test track on a sunday... but just look for the twistiest on your map, you won't go that far wrong!!.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 01/08/2010 07:03  

thanks for the useful info guys, we'll make gud use of it, hopefully will get a half decent foto to put on instead of the god awful one i got on at the mo

Update Reply
gordon62 @ 01/08/2010 22:00  

unlucky gordon you just missed a good B.M. rally in cubria,..only jcking it was in march effiinn freezin but good laff and good run oot to holister ??pass. check out fotos cumbria gig march. emd

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2010 22:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email